The New Normal

The days following were hard on both classes. By now, the whole school had figured out about Sato's death, and his parents and family knew. U.A. was trying to keep it out of the media, but they knew it would have to get out at some point. Midoriya had figured out about the four attempted murders, and he tried his best to explain what had happened on his side, and what he saw happen with Monoma.

A couple days later, Monoma showed up more ratted than the others. He looked like he'd been to hell and back. His hair was messier than Bakugo's, and the dark shadows on his eyes told them how long it'd been since he last slept. Even Todoroki, Bakugo, and Midoriya held the same dark shadows under their eyes.

"How rough was it for you on the way over here, and where did you go?" Kendo asked while packing her stuff to go back to her classroom.

"Class 1-A was in the spotlight again, so I just left. Found myself in the woods, so I had to wander back out."

The duo walked out, leaving the rest of the class. Shinso was given Sato's spot because he was never coming back. They'd seen his death with his own eyes. With Midoriya, some of them had seen his mangled body, but most of them still believed that he was alive.

This was the new normal. For months, Sato wasn't brought up, until it made it to the media, then no one could get him out of their head.

The media made it sound like he died in training, which was bad on U.A.'s reputation. Now, everyone believed that if they sent their child to U.A. their child had a chance of dying.

Youyarozu – who was closest to Sato, and had a perfect view of the scene – set the trio straight on what happened. The media had left out the death of Muscular – Midoriya was especially happy about this – and the fact that Kirishima was tortured made Bakugo angry.

When classes started going like normal again, the hero licenses were brought up to everyone again. Everyone had to go through another test to get their provisional hero licenses.

"Deku!" Ochoco called, running over to Midoriya after class. "Are you excited?" 

Midoriya looked at his crooked hand, which lay on his desk. How could such good times turn into what they are now? I'm not even talking to mom anymore. All Might is dead. Kacchan is angrier, but not at me, at my parents! The hero license is a great way to take AFO down, but what about mom?

"Y-yeah, sure." he said, not looking up.

"I said that before the internships, and then we went out and fought Stain. What's going on Midoriya?" Iida said, walking over.

Midoriya just looked at his hands. The memories of the last two months played in his mind. The only thing he really wanted to do was be alone. To sleep in his bed. To read his hero notebook. He wanted to do things he couldn't in the last two months. 

They were getting too close! Midoriya's head slowly went up to his classmates. He held his hands out protectively, and started backing up, kicking and yelling for them to get away. A confused look spread across Uraraka and Iida's face, as eyes slowly came to look at the trio. Todoroki's face twisted to anger. Not happening again.

"Uraraka! Iida! Back off!" he yelled.

Midoriya looked at the multicolored haired boy. The shock on his face was something else. In Midoriya's mind, these people were getting too close, they were going to hurt him. The people with him could do nothing about it, but here Todoroki was — giving an order, and the people listened. They backed off, and talked to Midoriya from a distance, which still kinda scared Midoriya, because he was never too sure they'd stay that far away.