[01]

YOUR POINT OF VIEW
________

When did it start?

Oh.

The day I got accepted as a scholar at the Akademiya, Maybe? You were there, You were surrounded by both seniors and juniors. All of them wanted to be by your side.

The first time I saw you looked at my direction was when you surveyed around the Akademiya with my brother. I still remember that day your gray eyes came gazing towards mine. Why was my heart beating so fast by the way you stared, I wonder? 

After some years, I got to know you better. And I tried so hard to study more to gain more knowledge to be at least known in the akademiya to be the same as you, because people considered you as a hot shot in the Akademiya.

No matter what I did, the grand sage didn't approve of it, Calling my own research as absurdity, funny. Maybe that dream to be acknowledged by you was never going to come.

The crowd gathered once again and you were the center of attraction, People took pictures with you, talked to you. “Hm.” I looked away as I continued to stack the books I wanted to read and move into a more silent space away from the crowded place.

Unlike my brother, The genius of Kshahrewar. I wasn't exactly a genius, I needed to study more and absorb more knowledge about the whole world to become a worthy scholar. Specially that I was introduced as his sister. I wouldn't even want to taint my brother's name in the Akademiya.

“Are you okay?” Faruzan asked, I adjusted my hat as I nodded. “Well the house of dana seems lively today.” She said continuing to read about the book she was holding everyday, “Well when the two of them goes around the Akademiya it sure is lively everywhere.” You replied not even bothering to look at the direction again. “The Akademiya will only be lively if One, The two of them are here, Two Cyno returns from his research and Three an precious alumni such as the Lisa Minci or Rosalyne Kruchzhka Lohefalter decides to visit the House of Dana.” Faruzan replied flipping a page and you couldn't help but agree.

“Well have you gotten some new research ideas?” Faruzan asked. I shook my head, “This is stressing me, the due is till last day of the week and my brain is still empty. Plus, I don't really think my brother will let me go and travel for a research.” I said. It was true, Brother did firmly declined when I asked If I could travel to Liyue to do my research he said It was too dangerous. “Don't take it to heart Y/N, You know your brother.” Faruzan said to me letting out a small laugh.

“Sure he was the Kshahrewar Genius but you know how protective he is when it comes to you, I'm sure Kaveh wants nothing but to protect you. After all you don't have a vision yet.” She explained, I closed the book as i let out a underwhelming scoff. “Yeah, As If I'd get one to be honest.” I rolled your eyes at her before continuing.

“If the Archons found me worthy then I shouldn't be even studying so much just to prove my worth, Maybe they'll give me vision if I was more than what I am today.”

Faruzan sighed, “You're letting yourself down again. That's not nice well anyway I know you'll gain a vision. Just trust me It may not be now but it'll be soon.” She said as she wink jokingly, I gave her laugh, she waved her hand. “Well I need to go back, I heard there's a new mechanism found and I wanted to operate it.” She said excitedly.

“Be careful, Faruzan.” I said and she nodded before leaving me all alone.

As I was reading, I heard a familiar voice that made me stop as I sweat. “My dearest little sister!” Oh God here comes my brother, I felt some of the scholars inside had their gazes on us made me feel like wanting to bury myself alive. It almost feels like Kaveh lived just to embarrass me at this point. I know I should be proud because my brother himself is an outstanding scholar in the Akademiya but for a low-esteemed person that afraids of social interaction like me was a bit.. too much.

“Hello, brother.” I tried to say calmly but I just couldn't because Alhaitham was standing next with Brother. I feel nervous like my tongue pulling my whole words out, Feeling like i could stutter anytime just because of his presence. “I brought Alhaitham with me.” Alhaitham gave a slight wave, I gazed through his gray eyes as I quickly turned my head away.

“How are things going, Y/N?” His gentle-soothing voice asked, I looked up to see him. He wasn't smiling, just his neutral expression but nonetheless he looked stunning and majestic without even doing anything.

“It's going fine.. thanks for asking Senior Alhaitham.” I said, cheeks reddening. Kaveh's eyes observed me as I glared at him in return. “What's this formality? Call me Alhaitham. I don't mind really.” He said and gave a small smile.

Smiled? The Alhaitham smiled? That's a new. Every time I saw him he was either focused on reading and didn't really see him smile that much. I didn't even know he could. “I'll make sure to remember that Senior.” I said.

That was a mistake. I shouldn't have said that It led me to things more painful.

I fell inlove with Alhaitham.

Before he and my brother was about to graduate, I knew I wanted to tell him about my feelings. Atleast I wouldn't see him after he graduates.

I stood there in the place of pardis dhyai as I waited for him for two hours, he was late but still he showed up. “Y/N? Sorry for coming late something came up.” I waved as I told him it was okay, and then the silence engulfed us. We were sitting on the bench, I was debating on how to tell him.

“Congratulations on your Graduation tomorrow Alhaitham.” I said, I gave him the box that contained my gift. “Don't worry, I made sure it's not the same as the gift for my brother.” He gave me a laugh as he opened the box.

“Alhaitham.. I.. like you.” I said, Alhaitham gaze at me, mouth parted.

“I'm sorry.” He replied, I smiled. “It's okay, I know I just wanted to let you know that's all.”

After all I probably won't see you again.

That was my first rejection, from the man i love.