[13]

“You're the seeker, Sister Y/N!” The kids laughed, You gave them a small giggle but in all truth, you were spacing out. Many had already seen the relationship between you and Cyno. Many researchers, students even colleagues congratulated both of you even without knowing the whole story.

“I'll count a hundred times by the time the number is over you all should be well hidden.” After you said that the kids scattered all around the Bazaar, You laughed It's not like it's hard to capture them anyways. “Y/N.” You look towards the owner of the voice and saw Cyno. He was holding his spear and it seemed like he just finished an investigation.

“Cyno, you're here.” You came towards him, as you made sure he was fine. “Were you done with your work?” You asked, he nodded, “Tighnari told me you'd be at the Bazaar playing with kids.” You nodded, “Well, I am playing with kids and Collei, Tighnari said Collei scored high from her previous assignments so as a reward he lets her play for a bit.” Cyno smiled, like a proud parent hearing what you just said to him. It was true, collei was getting better at reading and writing.

And... 99, 100!

Cyno got the kids by his arms as he lift them up. “Found you.” The children laughed and you pulled collei from the bush she was hiding, as all of you shared a laughter. Nilou and Lumine was a witness of this as Nilou captured a picture of you and Cyno together with the kids as Collei stomped her foot jokingly pouting at the both of you. You pat her head saying It was fine. “Cyno and Y/N looks really good together..” Nilou couldn't help but to smile at the picture that came out of the camera, It was a genuine moment captured in the sense of photo.

Nilou might want to give it to you. Lumine noticed how gentle Cyno was to you, Which was.. astonishing? Ever since she came to Sumeru the greetings weren't very well but hostile especially the surroundings not the same as the other nation she traveled, Surely even Cyno's Introduction wasn't that friendly.

It was just very astonishing and interesting to see someone so stern could go so soft for someone, That made Lumine thought, ‘Is this the same person that greeted us at Aaru Village?’

Just as Cyno was about to ask you out on a date, A scholar came rushing infront of you. “Sage Y/N, The Grand Sage wants the paper delivered to his office.” You muttered a short curse as you looked at Cyno, “Sorry Cyno Duty calls.” You gave him a small smile he sighed and hugged you. “No worries, I can wait for you. I have work as well.”

The Student who was infront blushed at the sight of the two of you, Sure he had heard of the two of you being a thing but seeing it upclose was just bewildering the General Mahamatra dating a Sage, what's more the current of his Darshan.

You walked up to Alhaitham's office with documents in hands you dropped them off as you prepared to leave not even turning an eye at him, Alhaitham's brow raised. “You didn't knock on the door.” You ignored him continuing to walk on the door. “I didn't asked you to leave, did I?” You turned your heel as you looked at him at disbelief. “What do you need me for?” You asked, To your surprise he got up walked towards you as he was walked more and more closer to you, You felt the cold feeling of the door as shiver rushed to the back of your spine.

Suddenly, Alhaitham pinned you in the wall. “Disobedient now are we?” Your eyes widened, Emotions are all over the place, Alhaitham picked you up in his shoulder which surprised you, “Al-Alhaitham what are you doing!?” You frantically punched his back, he locked the door to his office as he brought you to the sofa. You flinched as you landed on the sofa, he took the remaining papers as he put it down on the table infront of you before he layed down beside you. As awkward as the situation was you started to go through the documents and signed them, correcting them. And Alhaitham watched you.

“If you want to say something, now is the perfect time to say it.” You said, what the following question made you look at him. “You and Cyno. Are you two dating?” Upon seeing his reaction, why did he look like he was hurt? “Yes.” You said nonchalantly. “Why him?” He asked.

What's that stupid question for? You gave him a look, as you smiled bitterly. “And why wouldn't it be him? He treats me with care as if I was made of fragile glass. He likes me although I don't still feel the same way he wants to wait for me. All the things you couldn't do.” You said.

LATER THAT DAY.
_____

Kaveh crossed his arms as he saw his friend looking at the window longingly, “Alhaitham, let's talk.” Alhaitham looked at the older before facing him. “Why are you being like this?” The blond asked. Upon seeing the person outside his eyes widened, “Do you like my sister?” Kaveh sure might be annoying for Alhaitham but no one knows how all of this works other than him, Kaveh was a romantic person afterall. “What sort of difference would it will do if I did? She doesn't like me.” Kaveh was confused.

“Why are you running away?” The older asked, “I'm not running away.” Alhaitham replied looking boredly at the older but deep down, he knew the older was right. Why was he running away? “You're a coward.” Kaveh said before grabbing Alhaitham's collar.

Archons knew how much Kaveh saw you suffer in the past, The time when he started working at the Akademiya and the time when Alhaitham graduated. You came home eyes puffy, voice hoarsed but you said you were fine. Later Tighnari got the best of his anger ratted you out on your brother, therefore he knew why you had cried that day. And it was because of his friend.