[09]

On most of your time you were in that particular part of the Akademiya studying, or running errands for your Sage's Darshan. Alhaitham often sees you around busy. He also saw you smile only with Faruzan, his classmate.

“Shit, I'm late.” Alhaitham muttered by checking his timepiece, clicking his tongue and abruptly walking faster towards his next class, He was walking so fast that he didn't notice that there was a person in front of him too. “Ah..” You looked up to see him, He looked intimidating that you gulped once you met his gaze.

“I'm sorry, I was in a hurry so I wasn't looking.” his voice was gentle, he extended his hands to help you and you gladly accepted. “Ah no.. I'm sorry too.. and thank you.. goodbye!” You said and left in a hurry. Alhaitham stood there dumbfounded upon your actions.

When you two meet unexpectedly in the Akademiya, Alhaitham would see you avoid him at all cost, such as sharing a glance with him you would look away. Eventually this troubled Alhaitham a lot. Once he eventually asked Kaveh about his concern.

“Kaveh.” The younger said, Kaveh looked at him raising a brow. “What?” Alhaitham hesitated before asking the question, “Am i unlikable—” Returning to write his papers, “Yes.” The blond deadpanned, this made Alhaitham, What made him ask his stupid friend this question anyway? Frustrated he left the room but when he opened the door he saw you holding a book and was about to hold the door too. You looked up to see Alhaitham which made you panic as you moved to the side.

Again, this made Alhaitham bothered that eventually he started to notice you more and more. When you finally found friends; such as Tighnari in Amurta and Cyno your own classmates he felt really happy for you. You were smiling more with them.

One day when you were happily talking to Faruzan, A enraged scholar came to you and ripped your paper infront of you, You were stunned after that Kaveh officially lost it, He got up and grabbed the scholar in his collar. “WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!” Kaveh nearly injured that said scholar before you begged him to let him go. “Brother! Brother! Let him go, It was my fault.” Alhaitham interfered, Pulling Kaveh as the scholar clicked his tongue.

You arrogant bastard!” Kaveh exclaimed, Y/N looked at Alhaitham with a pleading eyes asking to get his brother away as soon as possible. He dragged your brother outside with you and Faruzan following, “LET ME GO YOU BASTARD I WILL STRANGLE HIM TO DEATH!”

“Senior Kaveh please you could get into serious trouble if you do.” You nodded, “This is embarrassing, You two had to know this way. But Me and Kaveh are siblings.” You said, Faruzan was shocked however Alhaitham didn't budge you assumed that it was because he didn't care— but it was because he knew it already therefore there's no need to get shocked by it.

“I'm fine brother..” That day, Alhaitham learned how pure a person can be. All he can do is to admire you from a far. “My boy, Alhaitham you must know that you are the one who will succeed in being the Grand Sage.” Azar said to him, although just being a scholar Azar already has plans, Alhaitham's ambitious nature was a good thing because he knows Alhaitham longs for knowledge like any other scholar.

He is the perfect candidate to replace him as a Grand Sage, Since Alhaitham didn't show any signs of interest for the Lesser Lord, Ambitious at some point Azar started to consider Alhaitham as his own son.

“Where is Alhaitham?” Azar asked his secretary, “I believe he is in his usual spot Grand Sage reading a book.” But Azar felt something was off, “What's he up to these days?” He asked. “He's still doing as usual, But I believe he is getting distracted by some things.”

Azar's face didn't like that, “Is it because of  that female scholar in Spantamad, Kaveh's Sister was it?” The sage face went pale. “I'll take that as a yes then.” Azar said.

“Make sure to give that girl assignments, Just to make her go further away from Alhaitham.” The other sage nodded. “There must not be any distractions for you, Alhaitham.”

You woke up in the middle of the night, and realized that you were laying on a bed, You sat up and looked at the surrounding and then realization hits you, It was Alhaitham's bed. “How did I got in here...” You said, slowly getting out of the bed it was dark. You found yourself in the living room where you saw Alhaitham was sleeping in the couch, You kneeled down as you examined his face, Not much has been changed to him. “You still look the same.”

“You still acted the same.” You said before trying to go back to the room but he hugged you, You were shocked you saw him, It looks like he was sleep talking but his grip in your waist was very tight, You covered your mouth the posture was embarrassing. “A-Alhaitham..” You said, breath hitching. Your eyes widened when you felt his breathing on your back. “Y/N...” You stopped, Did you just heard that right? Alhaitham spoke your name.. “I..”

“I'm sorry...” He said before his arms loose and he fell in the couch again, “Lumine..” You shuddered as you heard him muttered the traveler's name, “Hah, right what was I expecting?” You muttered softly, You came back to the room as the corners of your eyes started to tear up.

It's not like you two were going out together, yes. But why was it so hurtful when you heard him mutter a name that wasn't yours? Why does it hurts so much to the point that you felt like a million knives stabbing you front and back?

__

Faruzan was talking to the puppet who gave her a hard time because of how sassy it was, “You're a handful.” Faruzan said to the puppet, Which made him exclaimed, and the Lesser Lord calming him down. “Oh, speaking of which! Y/N you're her...e?” The lesser lord and the puppet turned to look at you.