[20]

“Where am I..?” You said and looked around, The last thing you knew was you were out shopping and then a woman came to you, “Ah you're awake how are you dear~?” You saw a woman, she had a smile as she was leaning on the door frame. “W-What do you want from me?” She stiffles a laughter. “Relax dear, I don't plan on harming you. I wouldn't want to upset him after all.”

“Huh..?” You said tilting your head, A few minutes later a furious Alhaitham barged in the room looking worried, When he saw you he hugged you tightly. “You're here.” the woman greeted him. Alhaitham clicked his tongue, Although you were scared you didn't dared to say anything. “Mother, What is this?!” Upon hearing those words your eyes widened, Alhaitham's mother? Now that you take a good look upon her she had the same eyes as him, Why didn't you notice it earlier?

“Oh goodness me, Calm down our little Grand Sage, Mother is just pranking you of course I did so since you were rarely home and send letters to us honey.” His mother pouted, You were stunned by what was happening. You never expect you'd meet Alhaitham's Mother in such way.

“Mother, There was no need to drag Y/N into it!” Alhaitham sighed, “But everyone knew you were dating someone, How could I be the last one to know?” She pouted as she gave Alhaitham pleading eyes, Alhaitham rubbed his temples sighing at his Mother's actions. You tugged the end of his cape and reassured him with a smile.

“Don't worry.. I'm not hurt or anything so Don't blame your Mother Alhaitham.” You said, His mother clapped her hands and grabbed your hands, “Oh dear, You are truly such a pure lovely lady. How can my son is dating such a lady?” She rolled her eyes at Alhaitham, You blushed seeing Alhaitham bickering with his mother made you saw a whole new side to him.

“Oh? So you are the Spantamad Sage, Wonderful!” You and Alhaitham were sitting beside each other, You all were eating dinner with Alhaitham's family. You almost choked on your saliva when you saw his father, He was like Alhaitham didn't talk much but was very responsive whenever his mother opens up her mouth or ask questions, “Ah yes.. The Lesser Lord seemed to like my performance so she made me a Sage although, I'm still lacking.” His mother smiled. “Ah, Spantamad it takes me back.” You looked at her confused.

“Ah well you see, I am a Alumni in the Spantamad Darshan as well, However I took courses in Rtawahist Darshan.” You listened at her story, “It just so happens that Alhaitham's father is a student of Haravat in the past so you and Alhaitham's story reminds me of my past together with his father.” You laughed, “It seems like History Repeated itself.” Alhaitham's father replied.

Alhaitham couldn't help but smile a little, Not noticeable but he held your hand under the table. “While we're on the topic, How is the Akademiya these days dear?” Alhaitham shook his head.

“I'm sure you knew what happened to Azar and his accomplices, They seemed to be more wicked than I thought. Fortunately for them the Lesser Lord punishment led only to ban, But there's no telling if they are not plotting anything to harm the Lesser Lord.”

“Azar... That bastard! How dare he?!” Alhaitham's mother said slamming her fist in the table lightly while gritting her teeth, “Well This is a big deal to you Alhaitham, The well being of the Dendro Archon is in your hands.” Alhaitham bodded closing his eyes as he continued to eat, “I will do by any means to protect Sumeru, father.”

After the meal, Alhaitham and his father needed to discuss something alone. So, Alhaitham's mother led you to the balcony for a fresh breather. “How was the meal dear?” She asked, and you replied “It was delicious, Thank you for Inviting me.” She said.

“Oh my.” She said and held your hand, “This ring, was it Alhaitham's?” You nodded. She smiled, “Ah that boy.. really.”, You waved your hand in the air as you panicked. “A-Are you okay?” You asked. “This ring is the ring his father gave me when he was courting me, It's a promise thing, When he gave it to me I had already been carrying Alhaitham. He promised to marry me and we'll live a life with our son.”

But her expression saddened, “However, Because of our jobs as researchers we couldn't be in Alhaitham's side all the time. He mostly grew up alone or with his nanny, Isolated from the world with books as his friend.”

“Alhaitham may seem cold and distant but deep down, He cares. You saw it too earlier, didn't you?” She asked, Of course you did. The Image of his face tainted with worry, afraid of losing you— How can you not see? “Y/N, When I heard my Son had a lover. I had become anxious.”

“Anxious that Alhaitham might not remember us anymore, At first The whole thing bothered me, I didn't like it. We just started to finally be a parent to him but sadly he moved out, He was independent. And I'm proud of him, However my greatest regret was not making Alhaitham feel childhood.”  Your lips pursed in a thin line. Upon hearing this you were reminded how Kaveh sacrificed in order for you to feel the bliss of childhood.

“But, I feel relieved that my son had already found a partner. And I wish your relationship to last, maybe even entering marriage.” You smiled, and held your hands up showing her the ring. “Alhaitham promised to marry me.” She smiled.

“Then call me Mother now, Since that's the case.” You hesitated, “Mother..?” You said hesitantly, her eyes lit up. Eyes sparkling with Excitement. Then she turned around as she mumbled something which you couldn't hear.

“I have to make them get wed soon.” She whispered as she lets out a childish laugh before asking you to come back inside since the night was getting cold.