[27]

"How are you these days?" The man Alhaitham asked, You gave him a smile. "I'm grateful to be in care of so many amazing people, including you Mr. Alhaitham." Alhaitham's lips pursed on a thin line, Hearing you address him like that made him unexplainably angry. Furrowed eyebrows are visible that you started to wonder if you did something to upset him when all you did was answer his question at all.

"I see, That's great news.. Y/N." There was a hint of familiarity by the way he calls your name; What you know about him is he is Kaveh's roommate as well as friend but other than that you had no idea who he is. But he feels so oddly familiar and the sense of security from you when he's around increases that you just could not explain why-

He's blunt, doesn't talk that much and looks like a serious person but he turns so much different if he was talking to you. At first you were scared but overtime his presence didn't bother you anymore and you quickly got used at him coming to see you, ask you and bring you gifts. Often saying its from Kaveh's. You were even more surprised that you got used to his presence that you hated to admit that you want him to visit you everyday, any day at any hour.

That's oddly selfish of you.

"Call me Alhaitham." You nod. It may take some time to get used to it but you nodded otherwise; "Hm, Alright I'll do that." Your lips curved into a bright smile. "Alhaitham." You called. "Why is there longing seen in your eyes?" You asked.

Alhaitham lets out a scoff, "Does my eyes appear to be like that?" He asked you coming to your way. You nodded, "Theres time where I am alone in the world, with everyone is against me and I had to accept it."

You listened to him, Both of your eyes stared deeply within each other's, "But someone with a pure heart with not ounce of glint of malice came to my life, Changed me and told me I wasn't alone in this world."

"Only then where I saw the true colors of the world."

"Your lover? Where is she now?" You asked in curiosity, Tilting your head to the side Alhaitham looked away from you. "She's near but for some reasons my love for her seems distant for my heart cannot reach her sad memories."

"She'll remember, Love cannot be broken with such things. Definitely, she'll remember.." You said, The sigh of relief escaped in his mouth, and it curved into a small smile; Comforted by your words when the person he meant was none other than who was infront of him. "Yeah, I believe she will."

"I have someone like that too. Brother said they were the one who gave me this ring and I'm trying hard to remember them because I know they're in pain now that I'm on this state." You said, shyly with cheeks reddening. Kaveh said it was your friend but something tells you it's more deeper than being friends- Maybe it could be a promise ring? The thought makes your heart feels like it's melting towards the warm heat of the sun in the scorching desert.

If only he could tell you that both of the people you two longed for was each other then he would've no questions asked but- It was far too risky. He wouldn't want to see you in shock maybe you won't even believe him or worst something dangerous may happen to you. How could he afford to endanger you again?

As he left he gave you a wave, A certain part of it seemed and tasted so bitter and sad. Your eyes landed again at the vision next to the flower vase continuously emitting soft yet little flicker of lights. You were afraid of touching it, Maybe it will give you some memories that may be pain to see or remember.

"I wonder what really happened to me..?" You mumbled, Hands trailing on the table as you played with the soft petals of Sumeru's roses in the vase. "Why did I forgot my memories.." You knew you needed to get your memories back; but how?

"How are you?" Your lips agape a little as you saw the person in the room, It was the woman with a minty coloured hairstyle. A person with unique irises and cheerful and talkative personality, You believed her name was Faruzan. If your memory serves you right; "I feel melting.. I want to go outside." You answered pouting, Faruzan giggled at your statement. "We can go, Do you want to?" Your eyes sparkled as if it was a little girl being offered with candies.

It's been such a long time since you left the hospital, You didn't even know how to walk you felt your bones getting softer everytime you take a step with your bare legs and foot. "I'll talk to yout brother." You smiled and nod, And suddenly a thought occured to you not just any thought it was more like a realization that question the reality.

Strangers were more friendly than your father.

He always blamed you for everything, For the death of his beloved, Your mother. He was always grieving taking away your brother's mora and take it all to gamble and drinking, Lashes at you with agonizing whip at hand as your cries gets stronger day by day until you no longer have the voice to cry anymore. Nor tears to shed, It was all pure fear- Fear of getting beaten up, Fear of getting abandoned, All nothing but fear.

As you took your first step outside the hospital you were assisted by Kaveh and Faruzan, The feeling of sunlight hit your (s/c) skin, The feeling of hotness spreading in your skin. Your eyes seeing different colours of the scenery and people outside.

"Let's go, Y/N." The city, how much of it has changed?