[30]

“Miss Y/N, here's a cup of tea as you like it.” You stopped writing and took off your glasses, smiling at the scholar who brought your tea. Just a little more days till Alhaitham comes back. And the work in the Akademiya is nearly done so Alhaitham wouldn't have anything to do when he comes back from Mondstadt.

“Are you okay? Are you sure you're not pushing yourself too hard?” You nodded at the voice that was getting clearer and clearer. It was Lesser Lord Kusanali and Yuqi. “I'm fine, Lesser Lord Kusanali. This is what I can do this much atleast..” You said. The two people stared at each other. The archon closed her eyes at your stubborness, She had been telling you to rest for days now and yet you refuse to.

“Nahida.. Are you sure this is okay..?” Yuqi asked. “We shall see and wait.” The archon sighed before getting the taller woman's hand and walked out of the room. When they left, You were left alone in Alhaitham's spacious office. You paused whatever you were doing and took your time in looking at the room. You surely had missed him, His presence, His blunt attitude and his scent.

The scent that gives you a warm feeling of haven. You missed how soft his locks within the reach of your fingertips and how his lips tasted like euphoric enigma within bliss. It hasn't been even that long since you two seperated but it felt like a year long wait.

You hugged yourself as your eyes getting heavier as the clock ticking filled your ears. “I miss you so much, Where are you now?” You mumbled and without you knowing you had fallen asleep in his desk.

You opened your eyes with a familiar mint haired color woman infront of you. She seemed excited, “Y/N there's so many new dresses at the tailor shop today! Let's go shopping pretty please?! Accompany this old woman would you now?” Faruzan begged you as soon as you were sobered up. You looked around mind still not awake, you saw the tea had been cold now. “Ruru..? Shopping..? But I have so much work to do yet..” You replied in a groggily manner.

The woman gave you a click of tongue before practically dragging you to go out of Alhaitham's office. And you trying to stay as you gripped at the chair with all your might.

In the end you did come. You didn't expected that you'd see Kaveh, Collei and Yuqi here though. But what made you question the whole situation was the way they were making you try all these dress. “Uhm, excuse me what is going on?” You asked in confusion.

The four of them stopped. “Well you were too busy to care and barely got enough sunlight so we decided to take you out shopping?” You got the idea, But you'd really just rather write and sign documents than try three different coloured dresses at once.

The four of them averted their eyes as you continued to try them on. Yuqi elbowed Kaveh in the stomach causing the blond to cough. “Huh? Brother what happened?” You asked. Kaveh smiled hesitantly before Yuqi stepped on his foot making him scream in agony. “Y-Yeah Y/N don't worry! I-I think I have some business so l-let me just—” He hurriedly left the shop which made you confused, But didn't give too much thought about it.

After the whole shopping misery, Kaveh Insisted to take you to dinner at Lambard's Tavern later. Which you agreed It's not everyday you get to bond with your brother; “Yes I will be there brother.” As soon as you left to go back to your office, Kaveh let out a exasperated sigh and averted his gaze. “I'm sorry for lying to you My dear sister.”

____

You took out your timepiece and saw what time It is already, It was soon to be seven in the evening you wanted to fix your appearance but you were running late since Kaveh might be waiting in the tavern this time, You hurriedly went down your way. Greeting the students who were wishing you a eventful and safe evening.

“Don't overwork yourself.” You reminded them and they nodded. You knew how it was hard on getting a research project, It was tiring. You checked your timepiece again luckily you got there just in time.

As you unlocked the door, You were greeted by Kaveh at the corner with Yuqi and Faruzan. “Sorry to keep you all waiting!” You said. You four were the only costumers in the tavern whichade you wonder. “Is the tavern close already..?” You asked.

“Ah no, I rented the whole place for us.” Faruzan said. You weren't sure why she did it but again, you didn't mind. You were starving and wanted to eat, You all ordered and after a while Yuqi and Kaveh said they will come and get the meal leaving you and Faruzan alone.

The tavern room opened revealing a gasping Layla. “M-Madam Faruzan! Lesser Lord Kusanali needs you for some things in the laboratory.” Faruzan's eyes widened. “Don't tell me those machines..” Faruzan asked in disbelief. Layla nodded Faruzan looked at you apologetically. This was the only time you would spend your time together but disaster occured but you told her it's fine.

You were alone.

You took a good look at your ring.

“What's with the long face?” You felt your whole world stopped as you looked up to see a familiar grey locks staring at you, With that usual expression which you can't decipher what. “A-Alhaitham?” You asked. You were sure you aren't sleeping.

The first instinct you did was to pinch his cheeks which caused the two of you to fall unto the chair which made Alhaitham's eyes widened. You were still pinching his cheeks as your tears were pouring in the corner of your eyes. “Y-You're real... I'm not dreaming!” You said.

Alhaitham's lips parted for a while before he took you in for a hug. “You! When did you come back!?” You asked. Alhaitham chuckled, his mouth curving into a small smile. “Earlier. I'm sorry for not telling you but It wouldn't be a surprise if you knew right?”

Well he does have a point.

The two of you chatted how his trip to Mondstadt and how you were, And how was your memories. “Everythings not there but I'm getting there.. I remember few more some times.” You said and give him a smile.

“You remembered the promise I gave you right?” You tilt your head to the side.

Before you realized what was happening. The two of you only the ones in the tavern, Alhaitham infront of you arms crossed, Him asking if you remembered that one promise he gave.

“Which one?” You asked nervously.

He stood up and went to your side kneeling on one knee, as he pulled out a gorgeous velvet little box opening it to see a gorgeous ring. You were lost heart beating fast— “Alhaitham..?”

“At times you question my rationality whenever you're around. I used to think of you as someone with a coward personality you were too kind for your own nature. Then after a few years it came back to me. I realized I was the coward one.

I had tried many things to forget you because I thought You deserved better and a man that was blunt, cold and distant like me isn't deserving to have you as my significant other. But My greed— I want to be yours, I want you to be mine. Y/N L/N will you still keep that promise? Will you marry me?”

Your lips parted as you looked at him, Alhaitham was proposing to you. Your teared up as you looked away at him. He slightly panics as he saw your state. “Y/N— I'm sorry don't cry—” He said, “I'm crying because I like it you Idiot!” You exclaimed, making him stop. “And.. Yes! I will marry you!” You said.

He slips the ring on your finger, It suited you and you can tell he chose it right. You hugged each other before your friends went inside, Congratulating you both. “God, I hate waiting.” Tighnari said rolling his eyes.