[29]

Two hours of waiting in the place of Pardis Diyah. Your heels started to hurt but Alhaitham was running late. You were a fool. You have come here at the afternoon much earlier from the agreed time.

The sun was starting set and The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. You gathered all of your courage into this one moment and you felt all of your confidence comes crashing down as the time passes. “Y/N.” His voice made you jolt as you turned your head towards him. He was sweating he looked in hurry.

His eyes wandering before landing to yours, “I'm sorry I'm late.” You smiled and shook your head before handing him the gift that you personally picked for himself. There it contained a letter too that you worked hard for days to finish.

“Congratulations on your Graduation tomorrow Alhaitham.” you said,

“Don't worry, I made sure it's not the same as the gift for my brother.”

You two had a laugh before you stopped, Hesitating if you wanted to say your thoughts glancing at the man who made you feel all kinds of emotions. Made you feel like butterflies existed in your stomach, The first guy who you liked very much.

Say it, Y/N.

“Alhaitham.. I.. like you.”

What was his reaction? Would he hate me? You felt like both heaven and earth crashed on you as you saw his reaction. Mouths parted and didn't know how to respond,

Ah I see, so It was you who created this illusions for yourself.

“I'm sorry.” He replied, You smiled. “It's okay, I know I just wanted to let you know that's all.”

Yeah, after all I will not see you again after this.

An eventful evening, As tearful weeks and months for you. You had anticipated this rejection but after experiencing it. You couldn't help but try to force yourself to forget him.

Forget him.

Forget about your stupid feelings.

Make your father and brother proud.

Make Kaveh proud.

You'll throw away your feelings after that rejection, right?

Wrong.

It feels like both of you and Alhaitham were Marionette and Fate was the Puppeteer that is pulling the strings of your so called destiny.

‘‘After All... Why did you stay? Why did you come back after I tried to forget you!?’’

Room all messed up, Furnitures are everywhere and the room itself was dim. Your dull eyes wandered at the stick your father used to hit you, but what made your eyes widened was that the gift Alhaitham give you was broken. You picked up the hourglass pieces as it pierced your soft hands blood dripping as you cried.

"You always make me falter."

"You always make me do something so stupid."

"I tried many things to forget you. But why can't I?"

"A promise that this ring will be replaced with an engagement ring soon enough."

Ah, that's right. That's why I'm so empty. So.. so empty. I made you wait, I'm sorry.

“Brother Where is Alhaitham?” You asked, It's fine you remember everything now. You're here. Kaveh averted your gaze as he gulped, “Y/N? W-Why are you suddenly asking about A-Alhaitham shouldn't you be resting?” You gripped his shoulder tightly. “I remember everything now! So please... Where is he..” Your voice barely lets out of your mouth.

“Alhaitham is going to board off the ship now. Lesser Lord Kusanali instructed him for a business proposal to a neighbouring nation as a representative, He's going to Mondstadt for a month.” Your eyes widened.  “WHAT?!”

“He should probably getting on the ship right now as we speak.” You wasted no time and ran towards the port, Cyno and the others stopping you. Why does everything happens in a bad time to the both of you. As you got into the port in time Alhaitham and the traveler looked at you in disbelief. “SO YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL ME?!” You said walking towards him. Lumine noticed the anger on your eyes and slipped away in an instant, Alhaitham began to sweat. “Y/N. What are you doing there?” You gave him a glare. “ANSWER ME!” Alhaitham paused.

“Because there's no need to, I didn't want to make you worry beside—” You didn't want to listen to his bullshit you tiptoed as you grabbed his face kissing him which made his eyes widened. The long awaited kiss that was made for the both of you. He was in shock.

“Y-You..” Alhaitham said in disbelief. You smiled closing your eyes as you hugged him. “I remembered. Not exactly all but I know our relationship now.. I'm sorry I made you worried.” You said.

“Took you long enough.” He caressed your hair and hugged you back. “Why are you going to Mondstadt?!” You asked. Alhaitham shrugged and smiled. “Duty calls, dove.” You looked down, eyes full of sadness. “It'll only be for a month. I'll comeback soon. So hold it just for another month, Okay?” You hesitated but nodded. The ship was started to get moving and Alhaitham kissed you another goodbye as you waved yout hand at him.

Just a month, bear it for just another month.

“I'll miss you even more..” You said looking at the both that got more and more further away from the port. “My sage.” You smiled and wiped your tears.

“I'll definitely wait for you.” You said before you walked away with your friends back to the Akademiya. Without Alhaitham's presence his work may pile up. And since you recovered this much memories although some may still hazy. You did remember you were a sage and you had work. So you will try to take up your work and even try to take Alhaitham's too.

“A-Are you sure about this Y/N?” The Lesser Lord asked, You had just said that you will get Alhaitham's share of work for a while just as how he did when you were absent. “This much is the only thing I can do for him for now, Lesser Lord so please grant it in your name.”