[16]

Yuqi was strolling outside the Sanctuary of Surasthana and all the students were waving at her as they walked by, In which Yuqi replied with either a wave back, nod or a smile. It so happens that she found herself in the House of Dana, Astonished her mouth formed in agape. “S-So many books..” She said, But on her way in she caught a glimpse of a woman talking to another person, She had the usual scholar uniform and had the red badge on her uniform.

If she remembers it correctly, Alhaitham had the same badge. She hid herself in the corner she thought that no one had noticed her but she was wrong, Your brow raised but you pretended to not see her as you kept on talking about the new plans and projects to the students.

Recently, The Lesser Lord had gathered the Sages to explain her new mission for the scholars, In which she will shut down the Akasha permanently and turn the focus onto Academics once again. Once you were done you dismissed the students as you walked towards the corner where she was hiding, you crossed your arms brow raising. “What are you doing here?” The woman shrieked and turned to you, Unexpectedly while she turned around the vase in the table slide along her arms and it broke on the ground the debris came in contact with your uniform.

“A-Ah..I'm sorry..” She said you looked at her in pure disappointment, She looked scared, “The House of Daena is not a playground for you to go to.” You sternly said, she nodded and bowed her head over and over again saying she apologize. “Don't worry I'll be the one clenaing up the mess.” You scoffed as you turned around, leaving her as she started to pick up the broken vase in the ground.

Yuqi looked at your back fading away, She smiled a little. “I wonder.. what's her name?” She muttered.

It seems like fate wasn't on your side this day, Just as how you were annoyed at the new person for breaking the glass on the House of Dana. The Lesser Lord had called you over to ask you to guide the girl to a tailor shop, as well as tour her around Port Ormos or the City. While walking she was very talkative almost like your brother but worse.

“I.. Uh.. May I know your name?” She asked shyly, you looked at her. “My name is Y/N.” You said, she clapped her hand and smiled. “Nice to meet you, Y/N! My name is Qi Yuqi.” You nod, but then the memory of her and Alhaitham flashed in your mind. Your eyes widened, You knew she did nothing wrong. You knew that but why.. why were you so annoyed?

“Y/N?” Your attention turned to Kaveh, He was with Alhaitham. Alhaitham was also shocked to see you, “What are you doing here—” You hugged your brother, “I was tasked by the Lesser Lord to accompany Ms. Yuqi.” You explained, Just then Yuqi came back from the tailor shop and was shock to see Alhaitham, She went to greet him in which Alhaitham returned the greeting. Unknown to you, your fist had already turned white from clenching it. “Y-Y/N!” Kaveh said as he tapped you on the shoulder. “Your lips are bleeding!” Kaveh exclaimed.

You stopped as you wiped the blood out of the corner of your lip, “Huh.. How careless of me.” You said, Yuqi however was very worried for you. “Y/N! Are you okay?” She asked.

How can I be okay?
How

You nodded, Kaveh then shook his head. “Brother, why are you here?” He gave you a sigh, “Are you that busy that you forgot that it's your birthday soon?” You gave him a scoff, “Ah, Is it that day? It slipped out of my mind. Sorry..” You said.

“I'm here to order a gown for you.” You closed your eyes as you took a deep, deep sigh. “Brother, you don't need to do this.” You said. But Kaveh shook his head, “I want to Y/N, Besides it's fine really. Why wouldn't I want my little sister to have a birthday party?”

OUTSIDE SUMERU CITY.
________

You met up with Cyno he hugged you and you did the same but realized some things, and you wanted to make things right.. “Y/N.”, “Cyno.” You said in unison, Cyno has a flower again this time it was a red rose, “You look good with red rose.” It feels wrong, “T-Thank you, Cyno...” You said, but you wanted to give it back to him but how? How would you get it back to him when he is showing you his genuine smile.. How could you break his heart like this?

“What did you want to say to me, Y/N?” He asked, You pursed your lips into a thin line and smiled, “N-Nothing.. Let's go?” He nodded and walked with you.

You were enjoying yourself as you drank your champagne, Everything was fine.. until it wasn't, A guest came to you as he greeted you, “Happy Birthday to you, Y/N.” Your eyes widened at those words. Birthday? Birthday?

You didn't like your birthday. “Happy Birthday Y/N!” You started to get hallucinations with people's faces smiling as they chanted those words to you.

H a p p y B i r t h d a y , Y/N.

“Ah.. get away..” You muttered as you covered your ears in horror, You didn't want to hear a word.. You didn't want to recall those memories anymore.

“It's your birthday? Let me show you my gift.” Your eyes widened, and you shivered at the memory. “Father please don't, It hurts! It hurts please stop!” A younger you  appeared infront of you in a form of illusion, Scared being beaten up with a whip with a laying unconscious Kaveh in the side. “Your birth was the day I lost Maia!” You cried.

“F-Father please it hurts... I'm sorry because of me Mom died!” You said and kneeled down to beg him for mercy, which he didn't show you.

Ah, that's right.. My birthday, The day my mother died...

You woke up, you had a hard time breathing luckily Faruzan quickly woke up and she rubbed your back and gave you a glass of water. “Are you okay, Y/N?!” Faruzan asked. You closed your eyes and tried so hard to forget but you just couldn't.