[24]

In the sea of darkness, For how long. I don't know.

“I asked you, when will she be awake?”

“Damn it! I'm not paying you for these results!”

“Find a cure to get her consciousness back! What are you doing?”

“I-Is Y/N going to be fine..? ”

“Y/N, Wake up soon.”

The voices, it's getting louder. And somehow it's getting annoying, I just want some peace for myself.

How long has it been since I had a proper sleep? Well I might as well seize the opportunity, My body feels tired and I don't want to move my body.. A little break won't hurt nobody.

I'll definitely go back, I just want to sleep some more.

Why would I go back?

Why do I feel empty?

Like something.. Something I left behind that I want to comeback to. Why does my heart has the feeling of nothing but pure void..?

Alhaitham?

Alhaitham... Huh?

I'm so.. so sleepy.

___

As Faruzan opened the door she saw the Grand Sage sitting while reading a book, Faruzan could only sigh. “Hmm.”  Changing and arranging the new flowers in the flower vase that wilted overtime, “You're here early. Did you take care of your work already?” Alhaitham nodded.

“It's been.. three months right..?” Faruzan's grip on the table tightened as Alhaitham's lips pursed on a thin line. Right, Three months with you still laying on the bed, Unconscious. Despite many doctors from the nation attending and attempting to cure you none worked. But your breathing was stable, The doctors said there wasn't anything wrong with you. It's just— you were in a coma and they weren't even sure about themselves when you will open your eyes.

After the incident, Azar and his men was punished the last punishment was banned from the City but after what they did to you and Layla they were sent to prison, Alhaitham and Kaveh wanted to kill them but they couldn't, Cyno and Tighnari all your friends were worried ahout you, Layla woke up one day after getting rescued but you, It's been three months and the only thing they could ever see was your stable breathing yet your eyes won't ever open.

Alhaitham was restless every night. Refuses to even go back to his house; He was used to getting all his works done beside you, in the bed you currently was sleeping on. He hoped and hope to see you flutter your eyes one day.

“Alhaitham, we're going in.” His mother came and greeted him. Their face tainted with worried as they saw their son's restless eyes, Eyes longing for someone that is in the brink of unknown status. His dilemma that you can tell he wasn't getting enough sleep.

“Haitham, go and sleep we'll be the one who will stay up tonight.” His mother said. But he shook his head, “It's fine mother. I want to.. I have to.” He said, With this his parents could all ever do was sigh.

Alhaitham takes your and as he kissed it, Your peaceful state making him vulnerable; He was so used to seeing you everyday that he was so shocked to not seeing anything about you in the halls of Akademiya, in his office and even in the city. “Come back to me.. Y/N. I'll be better.”

“If you like a person, Doesn't that mean you need to tell them? Before it's too late.”

Faruzan was right, If.. If that was the last time he would ever saw you then he would've told you everything, Hugged you with all his might and even.. Marry you on the spot.

Just as how Kaveh was willing to protect you; He himself was more willing to give up his life for you, Because to him. You were his: Achilles Heel. Alhaitham himself didn't believe he could possess such emotions at first, Everything.. Everything was dull on his eyes, People laughing, People together, Life was boring and dull the only time his vision was colorful was when he's reading books. But you changed that, In his vision whether you were far away there was a light emitting whenever you were around.

You were his light, And now you were here his vision seems to go back from where it was— No, he can't bear it again. Even if he would make deals with the Devil or the Evil to bring you and cure you he will.

“How is.. she?” Yuqi said entering the room with Kaveh and Faruzan. Alhaitham didn't respond the three of them gradually understood. Until..

One of your fingertips started to move as you slowly.. slowly opened your eyes to meet a unfamiliar ceiling, Your vision was still blurry. You heard voices as your eyes opened you were surrounded by people in shock. “Y/N? Y/N you're awake!” Kaveh exclaimed although your mind was still kind of all over the place you did recognize his voice. “B-Brother?” You asked.

Alhaitham made no hesitation as he embraced you tightly. Shocked by the sudden skinship you trembled as you remembered the pain you felt after you just messed up your cooking for your father..

“D-Don't hit me please.. I can.. s-still make something.. please..” You begged, You looked up to see them, Eyes filled with worries as you tremble. “Y-Y/N..?” A woman's voice said. You covered your ears and closed your eyes shut hugging your shoulders whispering things that would calm you down. Kaveh embraced you saying it's fine, but it wasn't.

“B-Brother.. Father slapped me b-because—” You said stuttering out of fear, Kaveh gritted his teeth as he comforted you by rubbing his hand on your back. You looked up and met Alhaitham's gaze, You shivered.

“I-I'm sorry.. but who are you all..?