[07]

Since the Akademiya has new Sages, Naturally there were new scholars too. Spantamad scholars as they saw you were shocked they didn't probably expect their sage to be you, Even your batch mates didn't expect you to become a Sage. But it was Lesser Lord Kusanali's decision it's something they cannot interfere with.

"Y/N, Good morning." A male voice greeted you turning your head on your office door you saw Amurta's New Sage your friend Tighnari. Now originally Tighnari hated the idea of him being a sage but it was a request from the Lesser Lord. She also granted that Being a forest watcher will not hinder his job as a sage; Simply put he can be both a forest watcher and the Amurta's Sage. "Nari! What's wrong?" You asked as you stood off your chair.

"The Grand Sage is requesting your report, he probably wants the new documents and files on his table for him to review." Tighnari looks at you in worry, You could only give him a bittersweet smile. Tighnari and Faruzan know you best. The times that you cried because of that rejection. They were there for you.

Tighnari threw many harsh remarks on how you were being a complete wreck for one man. "Nari, that happened years ago. I'm fine now." You said as you gathered up the new documents, Tighnari sighed. "But are you?" You nodded, trying to tell him you were fine. Tighnari nodded,

"Well then I'm off, I'm done reporting my matters to him anyway. I'll go now I have to teach collei since her illness has vanished now she can't skip learning class this time around." You giggled imagining the horror on the little lady's face.

As you got into Alhaitham's office, he was there again talking to the traveler alone. You knocked on the door. Lumine saw you, excused herself came inside, and dropped the heavy documents on Alhaitham's desk. He gazes at you. "Oh? Someone's in a bad mood. I wonder why?" He said you gave him a scoff. "Excuse me, Grand Sage, If you don't have anything for me to work with them I'll simply leave." You said but before you can your arms were abruptly held by Alhaitham, his face closer to yours, You felt your breath hitched. "Grand Sage?" You asked, Alhaitham gave you a sly smirk.

"It's Alhaitham to you, When there are no people around, Y/N." Your face instantly flushed, You refused to look him in the eyes, You were flustered. "I.. I-" You tried to push him away but since he entitled himself to a "feeble scholar" He didn't even budge. "Will you tell me why where this formality came from?"

Where did it come from, you say? You clenched your fist at him. Aside from being a top graduate among his peers, he is incredibly dumb and dense huh? "Alhaitham! You forgot your wall..let.." That voice, it was Kaveh's. Kaveh was staring at the both of you, eyes widened veins popping in the temple of his head as he kept his smile, in a menacingly way. "Alhaitham? Y/N? What. Is. This?" You gulped, Alhaitham was still holding your arms giving your brother a boring look. While your eyes were practically spinning from the amount of embarrassment this two are causing you.

And then.. the Sage of Kshahrewar and Sage of Haravat started to bicker again like a cat and a mouse, Faruzan came in the room just in time before the other scholars could get a glimpse of them fighting. Faruzan got between them and grabbed their ears, Kaveh and Alhaitham winced in pain. "Have you two no shame!? You two are now the most respected person in the Akademiya yet you two are still fighting like a cat and a mouse. You two are making Y/N frightened!" And after that, Faruzan lets go of their ears.

"What are you two bickering about?!" Faruzan crossed her arms as she glared at both gentlemen. "This punk! What were you doing to my sister?" Kaveh said, before getting a punch on the back from Faruzan. "Enough!" Kaveh only purses his lips in a thin line. "Brother, please nothing happened." You were still quite red from what happened.

"Gosh, you two. Tsk, Oh that reminds me Cyno is looking for you Y/N." Your eyes widened, "Ah, I see. Thank you Faruzan!" You excitedly nodded as you left the room. "Y/N what are you doing with Cyno?" Alhaitham asked merely because he was curious. "Oh, we'll play TCG Invocation!" You said with a grin.

Who knew you could smile like that? Kaveh sighed. "So, what do you think about Cyno?" Faruzan asked your brother not minding a certain gray-haired person in the room. "Hmm, He is a great person, and has a respectable title If he marries my sister hmm hmm." Kaveh nodded as Faruzan tried not to laugh, What Kaveh didn't know was Alhaitham was glaring at him from behind.

Faruzan knew that the man harbored feelings for you, Just as how you were in love with him. What she didn't understand was why didn't he confess the same that day. Alhaitham eventually got irritated and kicked Kaveh out of the room, Faruzan and Alhaitham were left alone in the room.

This was the perfect moment to ask those underlying questions that were never answered. "I know you liked her too. But why didn't you take the risk?" She said crossing her arms and staring at the man in front of her, Alhaitham's eyes wandered to his office window.

"Because he deserves so much better than me." Alhaitham was all seen as arrogant, blunt- So this sight was a rare sight for Faruzan, "So you're saying you will continue to live like this? Out of fear? Y/N being the sun that you couldn't get a glimpse of because you're scared?" Alhaitham pursed his lips in a thin line, Which made Faruzan angry.

"You're an idiot, Alhaitham."