[10]

You were practicing wielding hydro with Nilou, You were in the Gandharva Ville. Since Nilou was a hydro user you turned to her for advice, “Try it with a sword Y/N.” You gave her a nod. You were determine to learn some basic attack skills today, Since you had a vision now might as well put it into action. Cyno and Tighnari were watching the both of you in a far, with Collei.

“Y/N! Swing it to the other right you'll hurt yourself—” Tighnari was trying so hard not to pass out, “Use a bow at this point.” Tighnari said you sighed in defeat. “But I don't have a good aim.” Nilou laughed. You tried to master basic attack, “You two come here it's snack time!” Collei said, you and Nilou came and Collei handed you a Pita pocket she cooked.

“Thanks Collei! Eh? Wait where's Cyno?” Tighnari shrugged, “He went to the lake just now, he said he's gonna wash his hands.” You nodded, After some time Cyno came back with a single nilotpala lotus in his hand. Nilou, Tighnari and Collei looked at you in a teasing way.

“Cyno? Here! Collei made the—” You stopped when Cyno gave you the Lotus, You stopped. “Cyno?” You tilted your head in confusion. “For you.” Your cheeks reddened, “O-Oh.. thank you..” You smiled, Cyno nodded, but Tighnari could see a tint of pink in the Matra's cheeks. He pulled Nilou and Collei away leaving the two of you alone.

“Why a lotus?” You asked laughing, Cyno looked away. “I think It suits you.” You were in awe, “Thank you Cyno, I'll make sure to drop by the Alchemy Table later to have this not wilting.” You giggled, It feels surreal to Cyno that he was here with you alone. “I.. actually wanted to say sorry for avoiding you.” You started the conversation.

“I thought that since you were now the General Mahamatra, There wasn't any reason for us to get close as you were a busy person now. After disappearing like that you suddenly became the Matra of course I did it also because you didn't say anything about it.” You said.

“I guess I'm sorry for not saying anything about it too, Naturally Tighnari knew. Since he was the first person I said the news to. Even me I didn't expect to be the General Mahamatra either, It sort of just came as an opportunity when I graduated.” You held his hands as you smiled at him, “I'm very proud of you, Cyno.” Cyno's scarlet eyes widened his lips agaped a little, “Y/N I—”

“Sage Y/N! Madam Faruzan needs your presence in the Akademiya!” A scholar said, catching his breath. You turned to Cyno as you said your goodbye since the matter was urgent.

GRAND SAGE'S OFFICE.
_____

“Where is Y/N?” Alhaitham asked a scholar who came in his office, who seemed to be a part of Spantamad Darshan. “Oh, The Sage said that she will go to Gandharva Ville for some training Grand Sage.” The scholar replied, By this Alhaitham's brow raised. “With who?”

“I think, she was with that woman from Zubayr Theatre and General Mahamatra.” Cyno again? Alhaitham leaned on his chair rubbing his temple, Alhaitham decided to go for a walk for a break, he didn't know taking Akademiya matters was a handful. Upon strolling Scholars have greeted him in which he would reply a simple wave or a nod.

“I saw General Mahamatra and Our Sage earlier, Did you heard the rumors about them?”

“Rumors? What rumors?” The other scholar asked,

“That General Mahamatra is pursuing our Sage of course! Everyone has been saying that they're dating! And honestly they seem like a good pair too!” Upon hearing this Alhaitham's mouth purse into a thin line.

He goes back to his office as he got the other documents, “Avar, Go and fetch Sage of Spantamad.” He nodded as he left. A perfect pair? Alhaitham clicked his tongue as he tried to immersed his thoughts on the documents.

Upon going back to the Akademiya you looked for Faruzan but you couldn't see her everywhere, Weird? Was the scholar bluffing just earlier? But it doesn't seem like he was. “Sage! Please wait your presence is highly requested by the Grand Sage.” Of course, no matter what you do to avoid him. You can't since simply do that since you work for him.

You took a deep breath and proceeded to Alhaitham's office, You knocked you heard him said enter so you twisted the door knob, you saw him working with some papers. “Grand Sage, You called?” Alhaitham motioned you to come closer in which you did, You were shocked to see many documents in a pile. “Your task.” He said.

Upon examining the papers, It was just a bunch of paperworks on new reports from the new scholars, “But Grand Sage.. this isn't my—”

“Oh? Then did I interrupted your dating session with the General Mahamatra?” Alhaitham asked you which made your brow furrowed. “Pardon, Grand Sage?” You asked. “Oh nothing, Is dating a part of your working hours Sage Y/N?” Alhaitham stood up and walked towards you, his face got more closer and closer to you.

What's gotten to him? You wondered. Normally Alhaitham wouldn't care about some trivial matters such as this. More importantly where the hell did he got that information from? “N-No.. Grand Sage.” You said, breath hitching as you look to his gray eyes.

“Good, take care of those documents and do it here in my office i need those immediately.” He said and left, you clutched your chest feeling the beating of your heart.

“What do you truly want Alhaitham? Why are you giving me false hints?” You tried to calmed down, He's such a hard person to read. Then you started to work on the documents, reviewing and signing them. You suddenly felt a little sleepy while signing papers so you dozed off for a minute, just for a minute.