[26]

Your eyes landed on the ring on your finger, You sighed as you tried desperately on who would possibly give you this precious thing as a mere gift. Your fingertips touched your lips as you pondered hard; Greeted by the mesmerizing scenery on the hospital's window.

You were sure you were already fine but your brother said the doctors needed to examine you further. You agreed but waiting in the isolated room made your knees grow bored as It already is. “Who could he be..?” You mumbled quietly to yourself sighing with your mind not working as you wanted it to be.

You saw their reaction the moment you opened your eyes, It seems like there was a void that you cannot seem to remember, Their worried gazes and their unexplainable expression says it all. But who are they? Why do they care? These were all nothing but questions that seems to trouble you more and more as you dived in your memories trying hard to remember it.

Sighing again for the nth time already in this afternoon, Your attention turned into at the door to see an unfamiliar woman, She was quite short she had blue hair and amber eyes and appears to be tired. She was holding a bouquet of flowers nervously debating whether she wants to go in or not— Behind her you saw another woman she is wearing the usual scholar attire, she had viridiscent locks and other scholars with them too. You were shocked; Who were these people?

“A-Ah, May I ask what brings you here?” You got off your chair as you walked forward to them, The first lady's eyes couldn't help but water. “I— I..” Layla blamed herself at the incident, If she wasn't that weak she could've prevented the incident from happening. “We heard you were Sage Kaveh's sister so we decided to pay you a visit.” You saw their hats and most of them had the Spantamad Darshan's badge. All of them looked sad.

“Ah yes.. My name is Y/N.” You introduced yourself, “M-My name is Layla. And this is Ms. Haypasia she's the Sage of Rthawahist, We came to visit you and here's flowers for you.” You gladly accepted them.

“You scholars are my inspiration, You all seem just so eager with your studies it's amazing. I want to become like all of you.” And then some of the students behind the two started to cry. “I-I'm sure you will be.” He said.

At first, Spantamad Darshan thought their Darshan was doomed as soon as they got the message that you will replace the old Sage. Because you were known for your klutzy personality. But as you stood as the Sage of Spantamad their fears gradually faded and a new adoration bloomed— They didn't know that you had what it takes to be the Sage of Spantamad. And they regretted that they judged you too soon. And hopes nothing but your fast recovery.

The incident spread like wildfire. The Sumeru officials were very much concerned for your health as you were comatose for months, It wasn't looking well and Alhaitham has to do his duties as a Grand Sage as well as yours, Since he didn't want to appoint someone from your position. And they were devastated upon hearing from the Sages upon what had happen to you.

“Sage Y/N!” faceless people rushed through your mind, they wore a proud and excited smile. Their faces were all blurry, But their voices were genuine. You saw light as they were waving their hands at you.

Like the feeling of euphoric bliss have taken your heart as tears started to pour down your cheeks.

“Are you okay?!” Layla asked concerned. “Wow, Ms. Y/N is really really good!” Your eyes widened your tears only continued. “Y-Yeah.” You smiled and wiped your tears you weren't sure yet.. but these people they might be people who are close to you before losing your memories.

You're sure of it.

Although you can't remember them for now, Time will tell you, and heed your prayers. Only then can answers be told and past memories will come mist out at you; like the gushing wind.

You gaze at the hospital's window, Your eyes landing at the man down. He was the man with grey locks and grey eyes. He looked up to met your gaze, There seems to be a sense of longing between those grey colored irisis towards you. He gave a beautiful yet bittersweet smile at you his lips curving into a small smile as his eyes gave you that sense of longing.

“Let's dance.”

“You're right, This indeed feels more like me.”

“Happy Birthday, Y/N.”

“Marry me?”

The felt his soft hair as you brushed your hands on his cheek, “I love you.

Your lips pursed on a thin line as you gripped at the window's handle; Grip so tightly your knuckles turned white. “So distant yet so familiar.” You turned your head away as you closed the windows infront of you. Running away from those gaze of his;

Running away, Is that the only thing you're good at? The times your father blamed and abused you. Was crying the only thing you knew? Was running away from problem afraid of confronting him and your insecurities was the best idea all along—?

Will you always be like this?

Suddenly you saw a blue light emitting on the drawer, Curiosity got better of you opening the drawer you saw a Hydro Vision, Glowing alone. Eyes widening you didn't know you carefully held the small thing in your hand as swarm of vague memories unveil in your curious mind.

“A vision..? B-but how?”

“Hey, Isn't it ironic how our visions are matching?” You said with a sheepish grin.

“Oh yeah? How?”

“A dendro element plus hydro element equals!?” You asked enthusiastically waiting for an answer, The man infront of you shrugged. “Elemental Reactions?” He said nonchalantly.

“Idiot, it's bloom! Like our love blooming.” Both of you laughed.

You staggered at the ground, hands on your head hissing in pain as you grit your teeth with the unbearable sharp pain hitting in your temples.