[23]

You were blind folded you couldn't see anything except darkness, Hands tied together. Your heartbeat gradually increased as you remembered being captured by Azar's men. “T-The whole sumeru is searching for these two!” You recognized that voice. It was the past sage of Spantamad before you.

So they were accomplices? “Let them search, That's what we want anyways.” That voice.. Azar! “You how dare you!” You opened your mouth. Azar took off your blindfold as you saw the past sages and your father, He had to support his leg that you had just injured. “This wouldn't be impossible if it weren't for your father, We must thank him.”

Your father gave his greedy smile, You scoffed. Of course he would do that, “For the record, That's not my father.” You said nonchalantly he stopped and came towards you bending down slowly as he slapped you, You grimaced on the pang sensation in your cheek feeling hot as you looked down.

“He's just some man that I, unfortunately have blood connections with.” Azar gazed at you, Hands on his mouth. “I remember you, You were that brat Kaveh's sister that caused disasters in the Akademiya was it?” You give him a mocking smile. “It's an honor that the not so great Azar remembered me, Have you remembered how you used to order me around because of your position as well?”

“Your position that you got deprived? A position that isn't yours now?” Azar's face is reddened with anger. “WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS Y/N?!” Your father exclaimed, At some point in the past hearing his voice made you tremble but now, It's displeasing to hear.

“I'm sorry you got offended, But my parents never taught me manners. Why? Did you teach me manners?” Now it was your father's turn to get red in anger, You knew it wasn't the best idea to provoke them right now. But you just can't stop yourself.

“Did you think, Kidnapping me will result  Alhaitham to panic?” You laughed, All of them stopped. “Then I guess you really don't know Alhaitham at all huh?”

“If you want this simply because you want vengeance, You can forget it.” You said, smirking. “Alhaitham wouldn't sacrifice going here for a mere scholars like us.”

“Don't lie you and Alhaitham are dating. He must've been worried now with his little girlfriend.” You tried to contain your laugh, “What's so funny about this?”

“I'm not dating Alhaitham.” You said.

“I'm engaged to him.” You said, and as of clue the door opened revealing Lumine followed by Alhaitham, Kaveh and Faruzan. They bought Eremites with them too. “Y-You!” Kaveh looked enraged but then it was expected, Kaveh as carefree and sassy as he looks he can be pretty tough when he's your opponent. Especially that they decided to touch his one and only sister.

You gave them a smile as you trembled, You immediately coughed blood, Blood on your hands you sat there in silence unable to process what's going on. You? Coughing blood? Alhaitham's eyes widened pushing all the sages aside with his strength as he came towards were you were sat. He kneeled down as he took your frail body in his embrace. His grey eyes dilated as your eyes slowly losing their vision, Eyes blurry as your vision started to get dizzy. “Y/N?”

Your hands were quite cold, “Ha.. This is quite a sight My dear Sage.” You said weakly, “Shut up.. Shut up.. don't say anything anymore don't force yourself.” You were amused, Alhaitham was trembling. For the first time eversince you knew him he was never the type of guy to express something fully with his own emotions. It took some time to even sort his feelings for you, but you were there.

He was like a puzzle piece that you desperately wanted to solve, Yet even despite being lovers you still think something was missing behind this love you two both giving anf receiving from each other. You took this chance to reach for his cheek as you cupped it with your right hand, His cheeks were as warmth as the sun. “I'm so glad you came here.. just in time—” You coughed again this time with blood, It felt his blood draining from his body as Alhaitham saw you in such state.

“I-I told them we w-weren't dating. But we are engaged.. I'll try to keep that promise, Alright?” And with that your eyes closed taking your consciousness away as it drifted in the depths of the bottomless pit, The voices of concern reached your ears before your mind disconnected from the world.

You were like a puzzle piece, That I desperately wanted to solve.

Not only that...

You were the mood I couldn't get..

Alhaitham, wait for me. Alright?