Chapter 4: Spending the week

A day later...

Gregory's POV:

Iwas in the middle of packing some of my stuff. Then I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened it, and it was Claire. " Hey Claire, how are you? " I asked to her, as I let her into my room. " I feel awful this morning, " she answered as she face-planted onto my bed. " Why, are you so tired this morning? " I asked to her with concerned voice. " Because f*cking client kept on ranting about the ghost was in the attic. But it's turned out it was f*cking cat. Then they kept on ranting there is a ghost, but it's a cat. When I told them, they realized it was a cat after all. Then I went to bed at 2:36 am in the F*CKING MORNING. STOP LAUGHING AT ME! " Claire scolded me, and I was laughing so hard.

After I catch my breath, " Oh, I'm sorry. But it was funny, you have agreed with me, " I said to her, as I elbowed her. " Fine, it was sort of funny, " she admitted. We hang out, and we talked about my new job, that I will start soon. " You will be a great personal assistant. I hope you will be careful, because I heard Evan is dangerous, " she said to me, and I nodded. " I know, my dad told me already about him already, " I said to her, as I reassured her.

" Plus, can you help me out for bit? Then we hang out, " I said to her, and she agreed. She helped me packed the clothes and stuff I need. Then after that, we left my room, I turned on my illusion disc, then left the house. We went to the park because the park was very calm. We talked her job; Claire's job is ghost hunting. Her job might sound fun, but it is dangerous job unless you are dark magic mage. Which is both Claire and Alex, but Alex is shadow mage. 

" The park looks beautiful, today, " I said to her, and she smiled a bit. " I kind of agree, but I like it at night, " she said, and I nodded as we walked through the park. Then we heard a familiar voice, " Hey you two, " said a voice. We turned around and we saw it was Vale, she wore tomboy clothes. " Oh Vale, what are you doing here? " I asked to her, " Oh, I was walking around the park, then I saw you guys, " said Vale. We sat down at a bench, then I ask a question. " Are you a mage or Vampire or Vamp-lust or Bloodlust? " I asked to her with curiosity. 

" Oh, I am vampire. But you think we burn sunlight, well we don't. Those are crazy-ass story, you heard. We never burn in the sun, we are pretty lucky, " she answered while laughing. We started to get know Vale, it's turns out she was Evan's only best friend. Her personality was confusing and complicated, she was both cold but kind and playful personality. We got to her pretty well, and then I asked what Evan was like. " Oh Evan, he is pretty kind to me and his father, and his stepfather. But his workers and colleagues or strangers, he is really cold and mean. His personality changed at the bite of 83, " she answered with somber tone.

I didn't know he was cold to mostly everyone except his parents and his only best friend. " I know it's shocker. But Gregory, I heard you are going to be his new personal assistant. Most of them quit on the first day because of Evan's personality. Can you handle his attitude? " She said with worried tone. " Of course, I had to put up with my parents' rules for years. If I can put with that, I can put up with Evan' personality and attitude, " I said, confidently, and she nodded.

We hung out some more, then we had to go home. I went home, and I said bye to Claire. Then I went inside the house, next few days spending time with my parents.

A few days later...

I spend as much time with my parents and my friends. As much as I could, and in two days, I will start my new job. I wanted to call my older siblings, so I can hang out with them. So, I called Evory, but it went to straight to voice message. Then I tried Eliza and then it went to voice message as well. Then when I called Mike, he answered.

Mike: " Hello, who is this?"

Gregory: " Mike, it's me, Gregory, your little brother."

Mike: * Start tears up* " Greg, is that you? It's been three years already!"

Gregory: " Yeah, I know. Well, I wanna to tell you and Evory, Eliza that. I have a job now, I will start in two days.

Mike: " What, how? But really how did you manage to convince mom, dad and papa?"

Gregory: " Well, let's just say I have my ways."

Mike: " So, how are you? "

Gregory: " Fine, except I was diagnosed with depression after you guys left."

 Mike: " What, we should have been there for you, Greg!"

Gregory: " Oh, it's okay! The therapist said that I am getting better as long I do not do self-harm."

Mike: * Sigh * " I hope you get better."

Gregory: " Yeah, thx. Plus, I was thinking we could hang out with the others. You know what I mean, like the old days. For one more time? " 

Mike: " Hmm, I guess, we could. I know Eliza and Evory lived with me. I going to ask them. Okay, I will call you back okay."

Gregory: " Sure."

Then he hung up on me, and I have to wait for the replied. Then I got text, and I read it. I sighed in sad tone, they can't. I replied it's okay. It's fine, they are busy right. In two days', time, I will start my new job. I wish we could, and I sighed. Then packed the rest of my stuff before I was going out. Then mom came into my room, " Hey, did they want to hang out? " She asked, and I shook my head no. " Oh, it's okay, honey. They probably busy with their work, plus, one day they will spend time with you, " said mom, and I smiled.

" Come on, it's lunch time. Don't feel down, how me and your fathers spend time with you again? " She asked, hopefully. " Of course, why not, " I said. Then I went downstairs to eat lunch.