Chapter 11: The truth hurts

Gregory's POV:

" The truth? I am so confused, " I said with confused tone. Fable came up to me, " Oh, he lied to you, Gregory, " she said as she circled around me. " He is actually 123 years old, because he is vamp-lust, " she said, with smirk, and I looked at Evan. " You lied to me for?" I asked with anger tone. " I never wanted you to find out this way. Fable, I swear I will kill you, " Evan answered with pain in his voice. I can't believe he lied to me.

Then Fable noticed my yin yang necklace, " Can I have that? " She asked, and I shook my head no. It all I have left of my twin sister, Violet in my past life. " No, this all I have left of her, " I answered, with somber tone. But Fable came towards me, and back away. But I tripped, and then I heard a crack on the back of my necklace.

' Oh, shit. My illusion disc, ' I thought, and then Fable back away from me. If my illusion disc is broken, then I was my true form. " Wait, you are a pure soul, " Evan exclaimed, and Fable back away completely. " I am actually pure soul-vampire hybrid. I am the one looking for, I never wanted to keep this from you. I trusted you; you held a deeper secret than me, Evan. I can't believe you, " I said as I got up.

Then I teleported away, and I looked at the sky. It was nighttime, I was in a forest. I started to sob, as I walked in the woods. Why did Evan lie to me? Just why? I walked in the woods, and I saw glowing red eyes. Oh, this is bad. I run as fast as I can. But my wings glow was giving me away, if only I can atone down. I shapeshifted into a wolf, because they are fast creatures. I ran as fast as I can through the woods. I turned my head, and I saw vampires. Oh, this is my day. I will not get caught. I am smarter than them. I turned the other way, and I led them through the woods. Then I shapeshifted into my true form and unfolded my wings. Then I flew up into the sky, but I remember vampires can shapeshift. I am so screwed. 

Then I dove into the forest, and I knew they will follow me. I landed perfectly, and I took out my sword.

 I landed perfectly, and I took out my sword

I was ready to attack them with my weapon. " Oh, isn't it a pure soul? " One of the vampires said. " But didn't that pure soul shapeshift. It's a pure soul-vampire hybrid. Those are rare and they're strong than us. Plus, they can kill anyone less than a second, " said the other, and all of the vampires were terrified by me. But they were determined. I guess, I have to fight them off. I am lucky that I am hybrid. I will dead if I was just pure soul. They attacked me first; I dodged their every attack and use my sword to defend myself.

I make sure they will never get to me. I managed to dodge their attacks and their weapon. But then I felt a sharp pain through my chest and my wings. I wasn't fast enough. They threw daggers at me; I fell onto on knee, but I won't going down with fight. Like my father taught me, and I never give up. I raised up my sword, with the light magic of the sword, then I killed most of them except one. I was tired and exhausted by using that attack.  

There was blood on the grassy floor. Both my golden-white glowing blood, and vampire's blood. " You, I will kill you, " said the last vampire standing. I tried using the same attack. But I was too weak to do it. I need a stronger emotion. My powers are powered with my emotions. The stronger the emotion, the stronger attack. But weak emotion, I can't do the same attack again. I transformed into a wolf, again. I ran into the woods again. But this time, I was weak, so I was a bit slow. I knew the vampire will catch up, and I need to run faster.

But my blood trailed behind me, I am very screwed. I ran as fast as I can, but the path I took. Led me to a cliff, and I am so very screwed. I couldn't use my foresight ability because how weak I am. I stopped running, because I was almost near the edge. I turned around, " Now, now, come to me, you little hybrid. I promise to keep you safe~ " lied the vampire, with evil grin. I walked backwards, and I turned my head, I was near the edge. ' Oh no, this might be it, ' I thought, and I shut my eyes. Then I heard slash.

I opened my eyes, and I saw the vampire got cut in half. I saw who slayed the vampire, and I saw it was Evan. Did he follow me here? I thought as I looked surprised. " Gregory, don't worry. I am not going to hurt you, " he said, as he got on one knee, and put his hand out. I was scared, vamp-lust can smell fear and other negative. " I know you are scared, I want to help you, " he said, and I limped towards him, and then I started to transform into my true form. Then I collapsed due to my wounds, and I yelped in pain. Evan ran up to me, and I transformed back to true form. I was in so much pain. Evan picked me up in his arms, but I cried in pain as he carried me. " It's okay, I will treat those wounds of yours, after we get back, okay, " he said, and I just nodded.

Then I realized he was in his true form. He spread his wings, and we flew into the sky.