Chapter 8: Normal, right?

Two weeks later...

Gregory's POV:

It been two weeks since I started working here at this company. Plus, everyone surprised I managed to handle Evan's attitude and how I kept it all together. But my older siblings went missing, and I been searching when on my day-offs. But no luck, and my therapist said my mental illness is getting worse again. I tried to get it off my mind, when Evan wants to talk about, I brushed it off.

Currently, I am typing on my laptop and Evan was working. I was trying to act normal as possible. I just wish I can find my older siblings faster. But this is life, I don't control, my fate does. That what I learn when I was Ivory by Violet's lecture. Even though I was oldest twin in my past life. I hated the fact my older siblings are missing; they were the closest people I ever known for. Besides Claire and Mark J, but they were by my side when I am down or upset about things.

" Gregory, you, okay? " Evan asked, as I snapped out my thoughts. I nodded, and he continues on his paperwork. That I need to sort later, and I sighed. I looked on my email if we have other meetings in the meeting room. There I got other meeting about the company, again. " Sir, we have other meeting at 6:50 pm, " I said to break the silence. " Okay, I will make note of that, " he said as he looked at me. 

I nodded, then continued typing on my computer. I was tired, I wasn't having good sleep in two weeks. I used makeup to hide the bags under my eyes. I got use to Evan's coldness, and he was really different than I expected. I just wish I got to know him, but he been secretive ever since I got here. But I just ignored that, then someone burst into the room. It was Evan's fathers, and dad!?!?!?! " Dad, what are you doing here? " I asked to him as I stood up. Evan was shocked, " Wait, you are Michael's son?!?!!?" Evan said with shocked. " Yes, Evan. I did tell him about you, and plus, I want to see my son. Cause why not? " Dad answered our questions.

" How are you, Gregory? " Dad asked, " Not good, ever the news about Evory, Eliza and Mike, " I answered with somber tone. Evan was still shocked, " Wait, how can you get Gregory to talk? " Evan asked to my dad. " Well, Gregory is not like normal people. Normal people can lie through talking, but Gregory can't lie through talking. He was born with condition called truth-telling, so he can't lie through talking. But lie through other way, but I don't know which one, " dad answered.

Evan glared at me, and I looked at the floor. " Well, I just want to see my son. Plus, dad and papa want to talk to you alone. Gregory come with me, " dad said, and I did. I followed him, " Dad, how do you know where this is? " I asked to him, as we walked the halls. " I used to visit Evan a lot before he had lover, " he answered, my boss had a lover before. " Who was Evan's lover? " I asked, with curiosity. " Well, his ex-lover was smart. She was beautiful lady, as Evan described her. But she was manipulative, she knew how to get Evan to like her. But when he found out she was manipulating him. He was mad, and nearly kill her. Plus, that one of the reasons why he is cold to everyone. Also, her name was Fable, she was kind to him. But us, she was evil and cruel, plus, I stop visiting Evan after she did, " dad answered. I nodded as I listened to his story.

" Also, she tried to get him to mark her. But when he tried to mark her, it almost killed her. Then that moment, he found she was lying to him. After that day, he didn't want to love anyone. Plus, this is why I don't you to go near him. Because you know you are his soulmate, " dad whispered that last part, and I nodded. " I wanted to ask this question, will we ever find Evory, Eliza and Mike? " I asked, as I tried to hold back tears.

" Gregory, we don't know yet. Because the police said that they don't have any leads, I'm sorry, " he said, and he took me back to the office. Dad hugged me, and I hugged him back. " Stay safe, Greg, " he whispered into my ear. " Of course, I will, " I whispered back into his ear. Then he let go of me, and I entered the office. Evan was still talking to his fathers, and I went back to work. I need to act normal, right. I need to be normal, right. Plus, I was so worried about my older siblings. 

A few hours later...

After long hours of work, I was done at last. But I was looking for my pills, where did I put them? I was looking in my room, but they weren't there. " Where did I put my meds? " I asked with stress tone, aloud to myself. " Are you looking for this? " I heard Evan's voice, and I turned around. " How did you get into my room? " I asked, and he give me my meds. " Well, I have keys to everyone's rooms, actually, " he answered, then left the room. Such a creep, I thought. Then I realized I didn't thank him; I will do that tomorrow.

I took my meds and I lay down on my bed. I was scrolling down my phone, and I was looking at the old photos and pictures of me and my older siblings, when we're younger. I missed those days, but they are gone now. I miss my older siblings, so much. But I need to move on, but that will problem. The last time I moved on was, I was Ivory. But I need move on, or else. I don't know anymore. 

I stopped scrolling down my phone, and I put it on the nightstand. I pulled cover over me, and I was thinking about stuff. I need to stop being so stress all of sudden. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.