Chapter 5: New job

The day of the moved out and start of the job...

Gregory's POV:

I waved goodbye to my parents. I am going to miss them, and then I went into Henry's car. " Hey kiddo, " said Henry. " My dad called me that, " I said as I looked at the window. " He does? I am quite surprised, Mike (Not Gregory's older brother. Evan's brother, Gregory's father) calls you that. I used to call him that. Your father was smart kid, he was something, " said Henry as he drove, and the rest of the drive was quiet.

When we got there, it was big base, I think. " For first timers like you, we lead you to room already. Since you are mage, which element are you? " He asked, he thinks I am mage, which was good. I don't want anyone know my identity. " Oh, I am illusionist mage, " I said, which was true. I make illusions, like anyone kind of illusions. " Oh, that's nice. There is a lot of mages who work here. You know Evan, right? " He asked out of the blue as I got my stuff out the car.

" Yes, I met him while walking in the town, " I answered, with serious tone. " Evan will be difficult, be prepare, " he said, as we entered the building. We were greeted by a ' mage' but I knew this mage was pure soul. Because their eyes glowed, " Hi, you must be Evan's new personal assistant, " said the greeter with nervous tone. " Yes, I am. I am Gregory, Michael Afton's youngest child, " I said as I rolled my eyes. " Wait, you are Michael Afton's son. How? Well, where are my manner? My name is Evelyn, " she said, and I nodded.

" Gregory, I need show you your new room, " said Henry, and I nodded. Then I said bye to Evelyn, and I followed Henry to the elevator. I saw there was a lot of people in the halls. But I managed to keep up with Henry. Then he opened a door, and it reveal a bedroom.

 Then he opened a door, and it reveal a bedroom

It was nice, and Henry gave the keys. I put them in my pockets, " I will show you the office both you and Evan will work at, " said Henry, and I was already lucky. I changed into some good decent clothes. I was already wearing white dress shirt and black pants with some dress shoes.

I followed Henry to an office with big door. Then we entered it, and I saw Evan was on laptop typing away. " Evan, I want you to meet your new personal assistant, Gregory Rose-Afton, " said Henry, and Evan looked up immediately. I felt his dark cold ice green eyes look up. " Oh, it's you from last week. I bet you won't last a day, " said Evan with cold chuckles. I smirked, " Oh, I had to put up with my own parents' rules years. I handled you as long as I can, Evan, " I said with serious tone. He was shocked by what I said.

" Well, I will let you two talks, " said Henry, then he left the room. " I can't believe my own stepfather hired other one. I want you to organize the paperwork, now, " he said, then look at his laptop. And I did, and I take the paperwork. Then I went to my own desk, it looks decent and modern. I sit down on my desk. Then I started sorting the paperwork, there was a lot of paperwork. But I managed. I sorted the right ones in the right spots. Then after 10 minutes, I was down. " Done, " I said, and he got off from his desk. Then he looked at my work. " What, how? It's normally takes 2 hours. But for you, in ten minutes. I have other job for you. Can you send this assignment to Gabriel? " He asked, as he handed me a paper. I took it, and I left the office. I sighed, and I look for someone name Gabriel. Then I have to use my pure soul power then. 

After I use my power to find Gabriel, I saw him. " You must be Gabriel, " I said to a mid-age man. " Yes, you must be Evan's new personal assistant, and plus, thanks. But can I ask you a question?" Gabriel asked. " Are you related to Lilium Rose? " He asked, about my mother. " Of course, she is my mother, " I answered with cheerily tone. " Oh, so you are Georgia. But why do you look like a boy? " He asked, and I cringed at my deadname. " Yes, but it's Gregory now. I need to go, bye, " I said, as I waved bye to him.

I went back to the office, and I saw Vale and Evan were talking. I just ignored them, and I opened my laptop that was giving to me on the desk. I started typing away on it, then Vale said my name. " Gregory is perfect for you, give him a chance. He might be soulmate, " she said, and I just ignored. " No, not in front of him. Let talk about this at my break. Plus, I am quite surprised he is keeping himself together. Unlike the other ones, " Evan said, and I just ignored that as well. I started doing sorting the assignments in order on the laptop. Then someone closed my laptop, and I looked up. It was Evan, " I don't know who you are. But why did you choose to do this job? " He asked, coldly. " Because I have my reasons, sir. Plus, I put your bullshit if I have to, " I answered with smirk, and he looked mad, but he kept his cold expression one.

I opened my laptop again, and I knew he wasn't going to leave me alone anytime soon. " Are you going to stand there or nothing? " I asked, and he groaned in annoyance. " You aren't leaving anytime soon? " He asked as to sit back down on his chair. Then a person burst through the door. " Sir, we have a meeting at 4:20 pm, " said the mage, and Evan looked at me. " Take a note of that, " Evan said to me, and I did take a note of that. I looked at the time, it was just 2:38 pm. We still have more time, then the mage left. 

" You did really well, for your first day, " said Evan, with cold tone. " I take that as compliment, " I said, then I started to type my work again.