Chapter 7: Warming up

A few hours later...

Gregory's POV:

After the first meeting, I was tired of the standing. But I need to suck it up. I was currently typing on my laptop. I saw Evan wasn't around, so I lifted up my sleeves. I un-bandaged my arms, I need to treat some of them. Good news that there is a first aid kit in my drawers. I took it out, and I got the rubbing alcohol. I dubbed some alcohol on cotton ball, then I started to treat the wounds. Then I heard the door was opening, and I squeaked. Then I put the first aid kit back in the drawer. Evan entered the room, and he was shocked. I fake smiled at him, " You don't look okay. Did something happen? " He asked, and I shook my head no. 

" Are you sure? Because you are not talking, " said Evan, and I nodded my head. The main problem is I can't lie, I have f*cking truth-telling. Then he came closer, and I hid my arm, by pulling my sleeve. But I forgot about the bandages, on the floor. " Why are there bandages on the floor? Show your arm, " he demanded with cold tone. I did, and I lifted up my sleeves to show my arms. Then he grabbed my wrists, " Where did you get these scars? " He asked, " I did self-harm to myself before, but don't worry those were months ago, " I answered with honest tone.

Then he asked for the first aid kit, as he let go of my arms. I got the first aid kit from the drawer. Then he opened it, then started treating my wounds. I was surprised how gentle Evan was. I thought he was cold person. " And there you go; I know I was cold to you at first. But can we get to know each other better, Gregory? " He asked as finishing bandaging my arms. " Of course, sir. I love it! " I answered with nice tone.

" So, when is the next meetings? " He asked as he sit down on his chair. I looked at my laptop, " They're at 2:40 and the last one at 8:00, " I answered, and he nodded. He went back to work, and I realized how safe I was around Evan. 

What am I thinking? I can't love my boss; he is my boss, and I am just personal assistant for him. Just keep it together, Gregory! And everything will be fine. I went to type on my laptop and do my work.

After lunch, I was on my break. I was talking to the greeter, Evelyn. She seems very nice, but I needed to go. I said bye to her. I was always shy towards a lot of people because of my parents. When I was kid, I rarely left the house, I was struck there. But now I am older, I make my own decisions. I was walking back to the main office, when I am knocking on the door. " Come in, " Evan said, and I entered. Then I was surprised to see, Vale and some other person. " Ev, who is that? " The person asked, she looks like Evan, but she was younger, she has orange ginger hir, and green eyes like Evan.

" Oh, that's my new personal assistant, Gregory. He started yesterday, " Evan answered, and I looked at the time. It was 2:20 pm, " Sir, the meeting starts in 20 minutes, " I reminded him. He looked at the clock, " You are right, Gregory. Sorry, dear sister and Vale. I need to attend this meeting, " Evan said, and I followed behind him.

It was 2:36 pm, when we arrived. This meeting was about the company, and only the leaders of each department came only. " Let begin with each report, " Evan said, with cold tone. He was back being his cold self again. I guess he has two personalities. Then I started to note everyone said about their reports.

There was stuff about resources, the pure souls, again, the bloodlusts and the hybrid. Which is me, but they didn't know yet. I don't plan to tell them anytime soon. I need to keep it a secret about me being pure soul-vampire hybrid. As I was writing down the notes and reports of everyone. Someone burst through the door, " Sir, we have emergency," said Gabriel, and Evan stood up. " I am terribly sorry about this; I need to cancel this meeting. Gregory, jot that down, " he demanded to me, and I did jot what he said. We left the meeting room, " What is the problem, Gabriel? " Evan asked in chilling scary tone. That sent a shiver down my spine. " Well, it's your fathers. They want to talk to you about your work, " said Gabriel, and when he said about Evan's soulmate. I am shocked, and then Evan went to the main office. I followed close behind him.

Then Evan burst opened the door, we saw his fathers. It was Henry and my dad's father, William. " Papa, dad, do you need something? " Evan asked in calm tone. I never heard him being calm, " Yes, we need to talk about your assistant. Is he still here? " William asked. Before Evan could, I walked forward. " Yes, you need to me, " I asked with calm tone. " It's about your older siblings, your parents want you to know that you older siblings went missing, unfortunately. A few days ago, " said Henry, and I was shocked. " No, it can't possible. What happened? " I asked with worried and concerned tone. " Their home door was found burst opened and they were either kidnap or disappeared. I am sorry, " William answered, and I was already in tears. 

" I know this is your second day at work. You can take day off, or? " Evan asked, and I shook my head no. " No, I need to work. Please if you have more information about them. Can you tell me?" I asked with worried tone, and they nodded. Then they left the room, and I sat on my chair. This can't be happening; I don't want my depression to get better of me by my older siblings went missing. 

That's maybe the reason why they never want to meet up with me. " I need to take my meds, " I said to myself. I got off the chair and I was about to leave the room. Then Evan stops me, " Where are you going? " He asked to me, " I need to get something, " I said, then I left the room to get my meds.

After I got my meds and took them, I went back the main office. I entered it and I saw Evan was talking some of the department leaders. I just down on my chair, then started to work again.