Chapter 14: Healing

Gregory's POV:

I was finally managed got up without Evan looking. I know I suppose to be resting, but I am very stubborn like my dad. I sighed, and I put my bare feet on the cold marble floor. I walked around the room; I saw random things in his room. I saw a picture of two pure souls, and I looked up closer. I saw it was drawing of two pure souls, actually. I look closer, it was Ivory and Violet. Me and Violet. Why does Evan have a photo of my past life? Then I heard a footstep coming to the door. 

I went back to the bed, as quickly as I can. I sit down on the bed, then Evan entered the room. He looked shocked and surprised. " I am surprised you managed to sit up without help, " he said, as he walked around the room. " I have one question, Evan, " I said, and I hugged my knees, and my wings folded inwards. " Go on, " " My question is, do I need to drink blood? " I asked, with worried eyes. He looked at me with somber expression, " Well, " he started as he walked towards me.

" Yes and no, I told you earlier. Your body reacted to my venom in a different way, and you are half vamp-lust. But you will have fangs sooner or later, but I sense your fangs will only contain venom due you are pure soul. Plus, you have to drink little blood for you to survive, " he answered as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

I nodded, and he touch my hand for the first time. I know his skin was cold, but he also a bloodlust. " Can you burn in sunlight? I know you managed to survive it, but how? " I asked out of the blue, and he looked at my eyes. " No, those are old silly stories. For vampires, they don't burn in sunlight, that some stupid lie you were told. For vamp-lusts, they don't burn in sunlight as well, but they are stronger than both bloodlusts and vampires. But the highest rank of creatures are pure souls, which is you. I wonder how your kinds managed to hide from us vamp-lust and vampires? " Evan asked, and I looked at the other direction.

" We either use glamour or illusion disc to hide our true form. The reason we hide is because of your kind and the vampires. There are only few hundreds pure souls out there, because both of your kind, and vampires been taking pure souls' lives. Even after the pure soul war, and without pure souls. The whole world will be doom, that's why pure souls exist. We were made to protect, our motto is ' We shall not kill, we protect. And saved those in need and sent the ones in the realm.' We want to live up to protect the ones who need help. But those are days are gone, because your kind and vampires took our future. We live in the shadow, we ran away, we went into hiding and we disguise as mages to hide. I once predict a happy future for all of the creatures in the world. But that's destroyed by vamp-lust and vampires, " I explained to him, and I felt he was in shocked.

" Our kind and vampires took so much from your kind. I didn't know, I thought there were more pure souls than you said. But when you told me the truth about the pure souls, I was astonished. But how do you know all of this?" He asked, and I started to sweat. I can't lie, " I have foresight, " I said with fake smile. " Oh, and you learn the whole history at school, right? " He asked, and I nodded. " Okay, but for now you need to rest. Plus, I will get you food for you, " he said, and I nodded.

I sighed in relief when he left the room, and I didn't like to use my truth-telling in different way. Plus, using my emotions to lie. I hate when I lie through my emotions and bending my condition. I sighed again, and I got up. I went to look at the photo again, and I saw it was old and fainted. The drawing was old and fainted, but I could see the people in the drawing. I am surprised Evan had it, I miss Violet. But that made think about my older siblings. I wonder if they are okay, I don't want to lose them how I lose Violet at the war in my past life. I failed to save her, she was young and Yin, she was Yin, and I was yang.

She had the power of darkness and creation. I had powers of light and life, our lives were perfect in my past life until the war. It still hurts a part of me, thinking about it. But I don't want to put more stress on my mind. I am already depressed after what happened. Then I heard the door opened, and I saw Evan came back. " Gregory, I am back-. You are standing up, again, huh. You think I didn't know you are standing the first time. I knew, but you need to eat, plus, I got your meds, " Evan said, and I nodded. I went to eat my breakfast.

After I ate breakfast, I was looking at the window. It was beautiful view here. " You know you are my personal assistant, but you are my lover now. You know that, right? " Evan asked, and I turned around. I nodded, " Of course, I know. I want to know about Fable, " I said, and Evan teleported right in front of me. With cold expression on his face, he grabbed my waist. " I don't like talking about her. If you bring her name up again, I will give you a warning, " he said into my ear, and that sent shiver down my spine.

" I promise, I will not bring her up again, " I said, quickly. " Good, I don't like talking about her. She is the worst of my problem back then, but now, at least, now I have you. You are different than the others, I wonder why, " he mumbled that last part. I lean onto him, and he was warm. I felt his smiled, and I feel he was happy. I wonder what id Fable did to lose Evan's trust; I just wonder. " You need to get some rest, after all you were wounded. Those wounds need to treat properly and heal properly. How about you get some rest? " He said, and I nodded. He let of go me, and then I felt a shape pain in my head. I was about to fall, and then Evan caught me.

" I guess, I need call Michael about this, " he said, and I passed out.