Chapter 22: Clues

Fable/Violet's POV:

After Evan came, I really want to tell Gregory/Ivory, the truth. He is not what Gregory thinks. Back in our past life, Ivory could detect if someone was lying or not. But now, I don't if Gregory have unlocked that ability yet. But I did, when I was 12 years old as Fable. I need to find a way to make Gregory unlock his lie detector power. So, he will see the truth about Evan for himself. I know what Evan did to me and his family. He manipulated them, but not me or Gregory's older siblings. We were smarter than him.

Once, Gregory finds out, he will be very heartbroken. I don't want her- I mean him to feel that again. Like in our past life, Ivory never had a lover because she was Virgo. Our kind was very devoted to the zodiac signs. Plus, the signs describe our personality. I was Virgo myself as well, but I managed to find a soulmate. But not Ivory, why, jut why-... " FABLE, " Claire shouted at me. I jumped at her voice.

" You were in a trance, for 5 minutes since Evan got here, " said Gregory/Ivory, " Oh, I'm fine. I was thinking about things, " I said, and I tried to listen to what they were talking about. " We need to find clues; we need to know who the culprit is. I don't know why they are targeting my family, " Gregory said, and I knew I have some clues. " Well, I remember getting some evidence at your older siblings' kidnapping" I said, and I took something out of my belt. " This device, I don't know what it is" I said, and show them the item.

They looked at it, and Evan looked shocked. I knew he knew this device; I knew he was one who is responsible for the disappearance of Gregory's older siblings. I wish they knew he was the monster. I was the only one who knew the truth. " Fable, can I talk you for few minutes? " Claire asked, and I nodded. At least, I can get away from that monster. " Yes, Claire what do you want to talk about? " I asked with curiosity.  " I know, you also get bad vibes from Evan, " she answered, and I was shocked she knew about Evan was bad news. 

" I knew Evan was bad news, since the day I first met him. I felt his aura, it was dark. I think he is the culprit; don't you agree with me? " Claire asked with mixed emotions tone. Only Gregory can feel others' emotions. " I do agree with you, Claire. I knew Evan was bad news as well for very long time. Not because I am vampire-mage hybrid. I am also a pure soul as well, so I am tribrid. I knew Evan was planning, but for now. We can't let the others know about the truth, until then, we need to stay quiet, " I said, and Claire agreed with me.

We went back, and I saw Gregory was holding a dagger. " Where did you get that dagger from? " Claire asked with curious tone.

Gregory's POV:

 " Where did you get that dagger from? " Claire asked to me with curious tone. " I found this near the broken chandelier at the party. I think this is the weapon that culprit used to break the chandelier chain, " I answered to them, with somber tone. I wish I knew who the culprit was, but for now, we need to find clues. " I found these vials, near the drinks, " Evan said, and he took out a bag filled with emptied vials. " This is where they held the nightshade powder in, " Evan explained, and we were amazing by this. 

But why was the culprit targeting my family, not no one else? I will get to the bottom of this.

After 6 hours of looking around town for clues for the culprit whereabouts. We were tired, then we made it to my older siblings' house, it was still trash and had cautious tapes everywhere. The culprit targeted my older siblings, then my dad, but pap saved him, and now why is the culprit not making their next move. I wonder about that, only I knew. After a long day of searching, we decided to go home because it was getting late. 

Me and Evan got back to VP at 9:50 pm at night. I was exhausted from all the searching. I was about to go to my room, but Evan offered me to go his room. I took the offer, and we went to Evan's room. As we entered, I lay on the bed. I was tired as f*ck, from we were looking for clues. " You looked tired, darlin. How about get some rest, then we have to go back to work tomorrow. Then on your day-offs we can keep searching, " Evan asked, and I agreed. Then he went to the bathroom. I still wonder how Evan found those emptied vials. I still wonder how; I wish I knew. 

I was too tired, and eventually I fell asleep.

Evan's POV:

I am quite shocked; Gregory didn't find out the truth. I chuckled a bit, I will make sure he doesn't. But Fable and Claire know the truth about me, I need to get rid of them because they are right on my tail. If they tell Gregory the truth, I am screwed. But I don't want to lose my lover, I love Gregory. But I don't want to hurt him, but I have to. I smiled at the mirror; all I need to do is to pretend I am on their side. 

As long Gregory doesn't know, I am fine. But he will find out eventually, I left the bathroom, and I saw Gregory was asleep, I put the blanket over him. Then I went to the deepest parts of the building, as I walked down the stairs. Then I saw the cells and experimentation rooms, until I stopped at three cells. There was one figure in one of them, " Hello again, Evory, Eliza and Mike< " I said with evil tone. Then Evory lunged at the bars of the cell, " What's wrong, Evory or should I say Evan? " I asked, with evil laugh. " You will pay for this, why are you doing this? " He growled at me, and I just laughed. 

I knew I was making him mad, but this is fun watching Gregory's older siblings suffer. " Really, why are you doing this for, Evan? " Mike asked as he leaned on the cell wall. " Oh Mike, I have my reasons. Plus, Gregory doesn't know the truth, yet. As long, I have my secrets are untold by you three. But for now, I need to get rid of Fable from ruining my plans. But for now, I will keep you here, hahahahahhahaha!"