Sports Festival Pt. 1

(Neito Monoma POV)

So.. The UA sports festival is coming up. Even though I'm happy I'll be able to rub it in the 1A losers faces that I'm better then them, I'm still confused as to why they're holding it so close to an attack against the school. 

They say that it's because they want to prove that UA isn't weak or some shit, but they're just being dumbasses. People already know that UA isn't weak! Hell- All Might is working here as a teacher! I'm not even sure he has his teaching license, but I can't complain. Who wouldn't want to get trained by the number one hero?!

I heard that Midoriya-kun had a panic attack earlier because people were crowding class 1A. This just proves that we're not ready for the sports festival! People are being dicks to other people because they want to win! I mean- yeah, of course I want to win.. but at least I'm not being a dick about it!

Then I saw the spiky blond kid from 1A.

"Ah! Angry pomeranian! I hope you're ready to lose at the sports festival! I'll beat your ass!" I snicker loudly.

He glared at me, "Who the hell are you calling pomeranian hah!?" he screeched, "I'll beat your ass you extra!" 

"Ooh~ Someone's getting angry~" I laughed.

"Die you extra!" He yelled back, explosions popping from his hands.

I laughed and ran down the hall as he death glared me. God- people can be so funny sometimes! Well, I should probably start training for the festival. I have a reputation to keep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hitoshi POV)

So... The sports festival is tomorrow. Izuku has been working really hard to try and be prepared for the festival. I'd bet anything to say that he's gonna win. And that's just what I'm doing. There's this website where you can put a name into a pool and basically bet who's going to win certain things. You don't actually give away any money, but if you guess someone in the top four you get some prize money. Let's say Izuku did win. I would get near 100 USD, or 10000 yen. If someone else won, but Izuku got second, I would get like 50 USD, or 5000 yen. Pretty simple.

Well, I was also training. I needed to make sure that my physical strength was good enough so I could rely on that during the more physical rounds. With one on one battles I could easily control my competitor to walk out of bounds and win, but I would have to get to the one on one battles first. 

I've been watching Izuku. It seems like he's going to try to not use his quirk too much as it could damage his nerves. Angel wings are very sensitive, so if they got too burnt or hit too hard, they could be badly damaged. I'm pretty sure he's going to avoid using his wings just so that he doesn't have to get hurt. 

If I'm being honest, I'm really looking forward to the sports festival. I think it'll be fun! I hope that either Izuku, Shoto, or I wins. Maybe all three? No.. If anything I just hope that Izuku wins. he deserves it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Narrator POV)

As the sports festival approached, people got more tense around each other. Even the normally joyful class 1A was starting to have a dark aura. Izuku sighed. He hoped that his friends from 1B were okay. He knew that the sports festival was going to be really stressful. It was starting in a few minutes, and he was both excited and worried for it. He had heard Denki and Minoru whispering something about a master plan a few minutes ago, and now they were talking to the girls about something. Hopefully it wasn't going to be too bad.