Summer Camp Pt. 2

(Narrator POV)

This was terrible.

Shota was making each of them train for every moment of the day they weren't cooking, eating, or sleeping. He was even making them train in the bath!

It was only the end of the first day, but Izuku was exhausted. He was currently helping cook dinner with a few people from class 1b and Shoto. They were told to group themselves into groups of six to make dinner for themselves so Izuku had paired with Shoto, Hitoshi, Kinoko, Itsuki, and Neito. They were making vegetable curry so Kinoko made some mushrooms, Itsuki collected firewood, Neito chopped vegetables, Shoto lit the fire, and Izuku cooked the curry. 

When it was finished they were content. It tasted pretty good! That's when Izuku noticed Kota sneaking off into the woods.

"I'll be right back guys!" He called as he served a fresh bowl of curry to bring to Kota.

He followed Kota's footprints to a cliffside overlooking the forest.

"Wow- it sure is pretty up here..." Izuku said, walking toward Kota, bowl in hand.

"Hey! You can't be up here!? How did you even find this place!?" Kota protested. 

Izuku rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "Sorry- I saw you leave without having any food and I followed you."

Kota grumbled, "I'm not hungry."

As if on cue Kota's stomach gave a loud rumble and Izuku quietly chuckled.

"Here," Izuku said, putting the bowl on the ground, "In case you change your mind. I know you don't like heroes and I can totally understand if you don't want anything from me- but it's better then going hungry."

As Izuku was walking away Kota stammered, "Why don't you hate me?"

Izuku turned around to look at the boy, "Why would I?"

"Well- I don't like heroes!" Kota stated, as if it was obvious.

Izuku laughed. "Not liking heroes is okay! As long as you don't start hurting people because of it I can't think of a reason to not like you. You may not have the best attitude but I can tell you're a good person at heart."

And just like that he left Kota standing in pure disbelief. Okay then.. Maybe not all heroes were bad..

The next day came and went with the trainings only getting harder. They were allowed to have a long break at the end of the day to play a giant group game. 

"Okay! Class 1b- go with your partners and create the best haunted forest we've seen!" 

Izuku was partnered with Shoto. They had drawn lots and luckily gotten to be partners. It was almost their turn to go when the woods burst into flame. Blue flame covered the trees and was inching closer to Izuku and Shoto.

As the two were taking it all in, Mandalay came rushing up to them.

"Have you seen Kota!? I can't find him anywhere!?" She asked in a rush.

Something in Izuku clicked and he called over his shoulder as he was running, "I'll find him! C'mon Sho!"

The two raced back through the camp and up to the cliff where Kota had been when Izuku found him last time. 

"Say your final words kid." A gigantic villain Izuku recognized as Muscular said, making muscle cover his body.

"Shoto.. freeze his muscles.." Izuku whispered and Shoto nodded. 

As soon as Muscular was frozen Izuku ran out and picked up Kota, moving him out of the way before Muscular could break free. 

"Run to your aunt Kota.. I don't want you to get hurt..." Izuku muttered as Shoto came up to them.

Shoto looked at Izuku, "How should we do this..?"

...

It took about fifteen minutes for Izuku and Shoto to defeat Muscular. They took turns freezing and zapping the weakest spots on his body before Izuku dealt the final blow. They were both injured with bruises and cuts from flying ice and Muscular's punches. Izuku was pretty sure he had broken his arm. As Izuku wrapped Muscular in the rope made by his halo, a small voice broke the almost silence.  

"Thank you.." Kota said, head toward the ground. "If you hadn't come and saved me I would have died.."

Shoto, who was closest to the boy at the time knelt down and gave Kota a hug. A much needed hug for both of them. 

Izuku limped over to the two and said to Kota, "Let's get you back to your aunt- she's been worried."

The three made their way off of the cliff and to Mandalay who was very happy to see all three of them alive. They told her that Muscular was tied up on the cliff and that they would show it to her one all the villains had either gotten captured or left. 

As they rushed off to find the rest of their classmates they ran into a clearing. In that clearing was a giant portal and one Katsuki Bakugou being dragged by a patchwork villain through the portal. 

"Kacchan!" Izuku yelled as he ran forward.

Katsuki looked surprised that Izuku was running towards him.

He took one last breath and muttered, "Don't come.. Deku.." Before disappearing into the portal.