Finale

(Narrator POV)

After the summer break, students started moving into the dorms. They got to choose what room they had but the floors were chosen in advance. Izuku and Shoto were next door to each other. 

"Hey thanks for helping me with my stuff Sho!" Izuku chirped as he carried a box in his arms and held one with a rope coming out of his halo.

Shoto nodded, "You helped me with mine first anyway."

Izuku laughed as they finished lugging the boxes into Izuku's room. When they put the boxes down on the floor, Izuku sat down against his bed. Shoto joined him.

After a moment of silence, Shoto piped up, "Hey Izu..?"

"Mhm?"

Shoto took a deep breath. "What do you think about what others say about the two of us..?"

Izuku felt his face burn.

"O-oh! Uhm.. I..." Izuku sputtered, "I- I guess I wouldn't mind if.. If it were true..?"

There was silence for what seemed like forever when Shoto smiled.

"I'm glad.." He said.

Izuku looked up, "Really!?"

"Yeah- I mean.. What's not to like about you? You're adorable, nice, and you always give people a second chance." Shoto explained.

Izuku blushed and mumbled, "That's not all true.."

Shoto laughed quietly. "Izuku..?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you maybe want to be my boyfriend..?"

Izuku looked at him. And smiled.

In the end, although the world certainly wasn't perfect, they had each other. And that was all that mattered.

The End