Sports Festival Pt. 2

(Izuku POV)

It looked like the door was the first obstacle!

I spread my wings and took flight. The door wasn't crowded at the top of it, so I flew right over where most of the students were still trying to cram through. 

I could see Sho activating his ice side as he put his hand to the floor. Ice coated the floor, leaving most of the contestants stuck to the ground, or sliding if their feet had escaped the icy layer in time. I shook my head. In front of me there were three big robots which Sho also froze. I made sure to move quickly, as he had frozen them while they were un-balanced. 

The next obstacle was cliffs. There was rope in between them so students could climb across. Asui- I mean Tsu would be good at this section. I just flew over the section again. 

Geez. I feel like I'm cheating or something! I'm not having to deal with any of this at all! I suppose it would be fine if I did that. They did say that we should use our quirks to our advantage...

So yeah. I guess I just finished the whole first bit of the festival.

"Wow! Looks like a student from your class just finished Eraser!" Papa said as I glided through the gates.

I landed and folded my wings away. My back was starting to hurt a little bit. I hadn't had the chance to stretch my wings yet today. I bet Uraraka-san is doing well! She had a great quirk for the course.. I guess she also has issues with over-using her quirk so she can't float herself yet. What a shame, that would be good. 

When everyone else had completed the course, they announced who was advancing to the next round. 

"There will be 42 people advancing to the next round! All students have been given bracelets so if you finished later then the first 42 people, you will get a buzz on your bracelet and you will go to sit in your class's assigned seating area. For those who have advanced, please take a five minute break in the break rooms located underneath the stadium. If needed, please see Recovery Girl in the temporary stand on the second level." Midnight announced.

As we exited the main area, crowds began to move. Some were getting up to go to the bathroom while others just sat there and listened to Papa's commentary. 

I quickly made my way toward Midnight.

"Midnight-sensei? I have a quick question." I smiled at her.

"Ah- Midoriya! What's your question?" She smiled sweetly back at me.

"Well, my friends and I were wondering if the cheer off was required or optional?"

"Oh! The cheer off is just a fun little event that anyone can do if they're feeling spirit!" 

"Thank you so much Midnight-sensei!"

"No problem Midoriya!"

I quickly hurried to the 1a prep room to make sure I could tell Momo and the other girls in time.

"Hey girls?" I said, bursting through the door to the room, "Turns out it's optional! I'm still gonna do it- anyone else?"

Just about all the girls that were going to do it before raised their hands.

"Great! We'll meet up at lunch- see you then!"

Just as I spoke there was an announcement over the speakers asking for all remaining students to make their way to the main area again. 

Once we had all gathered, Papa explained the next section.

"Cavalry Battles! People will make teams of however many people they like and compete to make it to the final round! Each team will have a certain amount of points which will be on a headband. The person wearing the headband will be the rider who will not be able to touch the ground for the entirety of the round. If the rider touches the ground, the whole team will be disqualified!" Papa explained in an enthusiastic voice.