Sports Festival Pt. 6

(Izuku POV)

I shook hands with Ashido-san before heading back up to the balcony. Ashido-san complimented me on my dancing, so I explained that I used to practice ballet for my school plays. I was super happy that I was moving on to the next round. I would be fighting Tokoyami-kun so that would be fun! I could trap him in a cage of light so Dark Shadow wouldn't be as prominent. That would probably work... Maybe I could just pick him up with the light and move him out of bounds? That would probably get the job done quicker. 

The next round of people showed on a board:

Todoroki Shoto vs Iida Tenya

Tokoyami Fumikage vs Midoriya Izuku

If I can beat Tokoyami-kun I might be able to win! I'll at least get third or fourth place- which is better then nothing.. I hope I get lots of internship options. Oh- Kacchan.. What happens if he doesn't get any requests..? Oh no. That wouldn't be good.. Well, Sho's match is going to be in a few minutes, I should probably wish him luck.

I looked at Sho who was sitting right beside me, "Good luck against Iida-kun!"

He smiled slightly which made my heart flutter. God- he's so cute! I mean. Uhh. Shoot.

I turned a light shade of pink.

Uraraka-san nudged me and wiggled her eyebrows up and down. Oh gosh dang it.

Sho went down to the prep room as Ochako teased me about Sho. How obvious was it!? I was excited to see Sho's match. I feel like it's gonna be pretty interesting. The match started and Sho put up a wall of ice to keep Iida-kun from pushing him out. I wonder if Sho were to freeze Iida-kun's engines... Would that disable his quirk? Maybe.. Just as the thought went into my head Sho froze Iida-kun's engines. Iida's quirk stopped working. I pulled out my trusty notebook and took note of that. That would be useful to help Iida-kun train or figure out a better costume design. 

"The winner is Todoroki Shoto!" Papa announced. 

My head snapped up. Gosh dang it! I missed it! I sighed in defeat and walked down to the field where Tokoyami-kun and I would be fighting. When I was told to come out, I did. I walked onto the field and shook Tokoyami-kun's hand before going to my side of the arena. 

"Begin!" Midnight exclaimed.

Tokoyami-kun let Dark Shadow out and he came rushing towards me. As quick as possible I bound Tokoyami-kun in light and Dark Shadow shrunk away. I gently placed Tokoyami-kun out of bounds and we shook hands again as my name was announced as the winner. I walked back to the prep-room for my next match. My match against Sho. Shoot.

I started to pace. How would I beat Sho!? Besides- I don't even know if I would be able to bring myself to fight him..

I mean, I could just bind him like I did with Tokoyami-kun and Dark Shadow, but I really want him to get over his whole "I don't wanna use my dad's quirk" thing. It's his! Not his fathers! I know that I would have a much smaller chance at winning if he used his fire, so I would need to be extra careful with how I go about things if he starts using his fire. His fire could burn my wings, so I'd probably need to keep them in for the time being. 

"Can Midoriya Izuku and Todoroki Shoto please come to the fighting area?" Papa cheered loudly. Oh yeah. And my whole family's watching.. 

I walked quickly to the fighting area and shook hands with Sho before taking my place. I could feel my heart racing and only slightly heard Papa say,

"Here's the final match between love interests!"

"Stop shipping your students Mic."

"But Shota~ It's gay!"

I heard Midnight chuckle before she announced, "Begin!"

Sho immediately shot ice at me. As if it were instinct, my wings popped out and I took to the skies. He grimaced before shooting ice upward like what he had done with Sero-kun. I dodged and landed, tucking my wings back in. I knew Sho was going easy on me. He could easily beat me when we were training quirkless, but I suppose he also wanted to piss off his father. He shot more ice at me which I dodged. This was getting very repetitive. I sighed and ran forward, I needed to test him or he wouldn't use his fire.

Ice ice ice. Why won't he use his fire!? He has frost growing up his arm and I can tell that his attacks are getting weaker. 

"It looks like Todoroki here is having trouble with his power. I can see ice all over his arms!" Papa announced. To a regular human it would seem like he was just doing his job, but I could tell he was concerned. 

Okay. This needs to end- and soon.

"Shoto.. I can see that you're getting frostbite..!" I said to him as I ran by, trying to push him out of bounds.

"I know what you're trying to do. I will not use that old man's quirk."

I sighed. 

"When will you ever learn Shoto!?" I yelled, now facing him from the opposite side of the area, "It's yours! Your quirk not his!"

I don't really know how it happened, but within a second Sho had disappeared, and in his place was a heck ton of fire. 

Welp. There aint no way I'm getting out of this alive. I popped out my halo and started to make a plan. I could zap him, but I doubt that it would do much. Okay! All we can do is hope for the best! 

I zapped him a few times, pushing him back by a little. I wrapped him in light but I got a sharp shooting pain in my head so I unwrapped him. It felt like my head was burning. I put my hands to my head and tried to make the pain go away. Flames soon surrounded me. Oh shoot. This is not a good was to go. Suddenly I saw a bright light before everything went dark.

--------------------------------------------------------

(Narrator POV)

It was over fast. A blinding light shot out from all over Izuku's body. It shoved the fire (and Shoto) away. Rings of light kept pulsing out of him even as he passed out.

"The winner is Midoriya Izuku!" Midnight said in a worried voice. 

Shoto had been pushed out of bounds and hit the wall. When he looked up and saw Izuku passed out he ran over to help him only to get pushed back by the walls of light again. 

"Shota do something!" Hizashi yelled in Shota's ear.

Shota sighed. "I wish I could.."

The mics were off so only Shota and Hizashi could hear what was going on.

"Izuku doesn't have a quirk. What his power is is not a quirk. I've tried erasing it before, but every time it fails. He explained it to me the day he came home from the hospital. Before that day he was quirkless, but an angel visited him in his sleep and gave him his power in order to keep him alive. There are only two other people in the world that this has happened to, and they were both quirkless as well."

Hizashi was shocked. 

At that moment, the light emitting from Izuku stopped and paramedics rushed over to check on him. 

He had just passed out.

In a shaky voice Hizashi announced, "Well- that's the end of the sports festival! Please try and stick around for the ceremony. It will commence when Midoriya-kun wakes up!"

With that, Izuku was wheeled away to be treated for burns.