Acceptance?

(Narrator POV)

Izuku had waited, one of his very least favorite things, for this day to come. As soon as he opened the mailbox and shuffled through the mail he saw it. Not only did he abandon all other mail inside the house to put this letter on his bed, grab his shoes, and go back out again, but he sprinted to his best friend's house. When Izuku arrived, he banged on Shoto's window, and after a few knocks, Shoto opened it.

"Izu? What are you doing here?" He asked, looking around to see if his father was near.

"I got the letter!!"

"Why didn't you say that first!?"

He ducked back into his room to grab his shoes before sprinting with Izuku back to his place. They arrived, threw off their shoes, and raced to the top floor on which Izuku and Hitoshi's room was. 

Sitting on the floor with an un-opened envelope in between two people had never been so stressful. They looked at each other for another second before Izuku opened the envelope, careful not to rip it. Out popped none other then...

"ALL MIGHT!?" Both of them yelped.

Of course, this was a hologram so All Might payed them no attention. All Might explained how Izuku had placed first in both the practical exam and written exam, putting him in class 1A. Honestly, they didn't care what the rest of the speech was because they were jumping for joy. Izuku was crying and screaming, "I got in! I got in!"

If you were to walk into this sight you would be very confused. That's why the Yamazawa family stood confused at the doorway to Izuku and Hitoshi's room.

Shota coughed making both the boys realize they were being watched. 

"Oh- Hi dad!" Izuku waved awkwardly.

"Hi. You got in?" Shota replied in a monotone voice.

Izuku nodded as Hizashi and Hitoshi engulfed him in a big hug. Shota also joined in after a second. Of course he and Hizashi already knew. They had made sure to put Izuku and Shoto in the same class. It also just so happened to be a class that both Hizashi and Shota would be teaching. Of course, at different times, but still. 

Shota knew his son. Well- he knew him enough to know that leaving him in a classroom full of people he didn't know was probably not the wisest decision. That's why Shota had specifically asked to have both Izuku and Shoto in class 1A with him. He would have also had Hitoshi in his class, but after asking him, decided not to. 

Hitoshi didn't want to have other people think that he had an unfair advantage by being the son of his own teacher. He usually used the last name of Yamazawa, but while going to UA, he decided that he would use his old name, as to not attract attention. Izuku had never actually started using Yamazawa as his last name, sticking to Midoriya as a tribute to his mother. He was still a part of the Yamazawa family, but he couldn't quite let go of his mom.

 He understood that his mom was dead.. He knew, and he acknowledged that fact that she was no longer with him, but he couldn't help but long for his mother after a long day of school, or after somehow being reminded of her. The panic attacks and nightmares were often, but who could blame someone who watched their mother die at the mere age of eleven?

When the family finally calmed down, Shota smiled warmly at his son. 

"I'm glad you got in.. Problem Child.."

Hi! Sorry for the short chapter! I wanted to thank all of the people who have read this story so far! I am very thankful, and I hope that  you'll continue to read this! If anyone has anything that they notice in the story that could be the start of some big plot, please let me know! I have been working on this story since before I went on Wattpad, so up until the first day of UA is partially planned, but please do let me know if you see any potential plot twists! Again- thanks for reading!

-Author-chan

P.S. Would you guys like word count? I would be happy to add that if you want! (: