Confessions

"Nine are here, yet 10 sent out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him." Lord Celeborn asks.

"He has fallen into the shadow." Lady Galadriel answers, reading the look on Aragorn's face. "The quest stands at the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all"

Boromir looks down.

"Yet hope remains while the company is true." she finishes.

Galadriel smiles at Sam. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest, for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have been granted places to sleep and new clothes.

"A lament for Gandalf" Legolas states.

"What do they say about him?" Merry asks

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near."

I walk up to them.

"Legolas, may I talk to you?" I ask.

The kiss has been driving me crazy, I need to know if he feels the same about me.

"Of course, y/n" he answers.

I lead him to a secluded area away from the fellowship.

"What is it y/n?"

"We need to talk about what happened outside of the mines."

"What about it?" He asks.

"The kiss." I start. "Legolas, I care for you, more than anything, you make me feel safe, you make me laugh, you comfort me when I'm scared. I need to know if you feel the same about me."

"Y/n... I have fallen in love with you."

My eyes widen at his response.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too." I respond before my lips crash onto his.

He pins me to a tree and I melt in his embrace.

I pull my lips away from his and I press my forehead against his. He smiles warmly and I return the smile.

"Man, Arwen was right for us to set you two up." A voice chimes from behind us.

I turn around to see Aragon grinning.

"You set us up?" I ask.

"Guilty." He responds.

"I knew Arwen was up to something!"

Aragorn chuckles and says, "yes, she most definitely was."

"I can't wait to see Arwen again." I say with a big smile.

Aragorn's expression saddens.

"What is it, Mellon?" Legolas asks.

"She's going to the undying lands, isn't she?"

Aragorn nods.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" Tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, y/n." Aragorn says.

Tears roll down my face, "I knew I wouldn't see her for a long time, but I didn't know that  I probably won't see her again.."

"It's alright, y/n" Legolas says while pulling me into a hug.

I hug him tightly before pulling away.

"Y/n, please understand. it's not safe for her here, and if she stays here with me her future will be only of heartbreak."

"It's alright, Aragorn, I understand." I wipe the tears from my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~in the morning~

I yawn and flip bedsheets off of me. Then I stand up, clean my wound and put a bandage on my arm. I look over to a wardrobe and see a beautiful dress, hanging on the doors. I change into it

I braid my (h/c) hair, grab my things, then head out the door

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~later~

Lady Galadriel gave us gifs. For me; elvish daggers, Legolas; a bow, Frodo; a phial of light, Sam; elvish rope, Merry and pippin; silver belts, Gimli; three strands of her hair, Aragorn; a sheath, and Boromir; who she gave a belt of gold.

She bids us her last goodbyes, and I get on a boat with Legolas and Gimli.

Legolas and Gimli row downstream, while I stare off into the distance and think about what it will be like back in Rivendell without Arwen.