Chapter 130: Aftermath

Flashback...

Tamara's POV

I lift the box on the table. Slamming it down aggressively, I sighed with defeat. Looking around my office at IMG headquarters, knowing that someone else would be taking over my position in just a week left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It was the third day of packing. And things still weren't getting any easier. The mutters and mumbles about why on earth I would give up this position of being Iman's manager were still rolling off the tongues of the other managers in the office.

'I have other business ventures I would like to explore' is all I could say. Fake smiling and pretending as if that was something I truly had. Due to Iman's Oprah interview. It was all I could say.

I looked around at my... no someone else's office at the awards and achievements I had acquired while being Iman Darlington's manager. These were my accomplishments. These are what made me the most feared and respected manager. I got the job done. I made the biggest model in the world. Iman Darlington. She has become an icon. A household name. And me... Tamara Jones. My name will go down in history.

Or will it?

No, the once dignified and respected woman in the modeling industry has now been reduced to a single box on the desk with papers. All because of that spoiled bitch Iman Darlington.

Iman. I thought to myself.

I placed my head in my hands. My leg was bouncing up and down. What the hell happened? How did I get here? The fact that I had to concede to Iman's demands killed me. I couldn't let the outside world find out what I had been doing. Whatever happened needed to be kept a secret.

I stood up pacing.

What the hell happened? I thought to myself once again while shaking my head and rubbing my face. Thinking about Iman's last message to me made my face turn sour.

You're a terrible person Tamara.

You don't care about me, Tamara.

You're a terrible manager, Tamara.

How can you claim to love me when you treat me like this?

"Fuck you!" I gritted out slapping the box off the table with the papers scattering and falling all over the room.

Iman has been my priority since day one when she was first brought to me. I loved her like she was my own. I have never tried to put Iman in any danger. I always tried my hardest to protect her from all the people who have ever tried to hurt her. I've been trying to make her stand up for herself. Be tough. And not take shit from the men who think they can dominate women. Not just in the industry. But life in general. All I wanted was for Iman to use what God gave naturally to her so she could succeed. Her body, her charm, her beauty, and her mind. She could be great if she could just stick to what I was trying to do for her. Iman could've been strong like me. She would rule the fashion world. And who knows maybe become a manager just like me.

But she just keeps rebelling against me. I don't know why Iman thinks I'm trying to harm her. Okay, I understand that I get a little handsy with her and make threats. But my manager and my mother got handsy with me and made threats as well. Far worse than Iman got it. And yes, at times I didn't like it. But it was a good thing. Look at how I turned out. Do you think anybody can tell me anything? No!

I just hope that this is just a phase she's going through and that she will come back. I need her to understand that I've only ever tried to look out for her best interest. This is the biggest mistake she could ever make.