Short: The Schuyler Sisters

I grinned happily from the position by my two older sisters. Madeline sat across the table, her brown hair glistened from the sun's radiant rays. Lizbeth sat beside me, head-banging to I'll Make A Man Out Of You. Her blond hair swung back-and-forth without a care. The atmosphere made me giddy, it'd been awhile since we'd all hung out. Usually it was either Madeline and Lizbeth ganging up on me to mentally scar me or Madeline and I making cookies or going shopping. Lizbeth and I didn't get along very well, because we shared a room and I ripped up a Harry Potter book or something when I was two. I was only four now, so I didn't like Harry Potter too much. I do like the one with the giant snake, though. Lizbeth was twelve and Madeline was fifteen.

I liked my sisters better than my brothers: Lucas once spit in my chili and I couldn't reach the ladle to get more, so I had to wait six hours for Madeline to get home from work. It was terrible and I cried.

"Okay, this is your party before we go to Omaha on Monday, Lark," Madeline said from the front. Oh yeah, Monday I was having my surgery for my sinuses. Oh my gosh, what if I die! They would like cut into my head, right? How else would they get to my sinuses. I don't know why I have to have surgery, I'm perfectly fine.

"Why do you get to go to Omaha, Mad? I want to get school off," Lizbeth complained while I Can Go The Distance played.

"Because I'm in highschool and need a break," Megan replied shortly, "you'll figure this out in a couple years sevie."

"Hey, I'm almost an eighth grader," Lizbeth fought back.

"And I'm almost a sophomore, child," Mad replied and stuck out her tongue.

"I'm going to the bigger school," I added from the back.

"That's called kindergarten, baby," Liz said in a mean tone.

"Don't call me baby, I can read better than you!" I spat. Madeline 'ooh'ed. Things were getting serious.

"Let's have you believe that, baby," Liz replied. My face grew hot. Just stop! Too late, tears were already trickling down my face. "Point made."

"Liz!"

Lizbeth groaned, "Fine. I'm sorry, Lark. I'll pick you up a book before you leave Monday, okay?"

I sniffed, "You-you mean that?"

"Sure."

"O-okay," I wiped away the tears from my warm face. A voice grabbed all of our attention:

"Oh, it's so nice to see children out and about, instead of on those internet things," said an old lady. She wore a white shirt with a blue jacket and skirt. Her voice sounded like the narrator on Caillou. "What are your names?"

"Madeline."

"Lizbeth."

"And Lark!"

Written ?(12/??/16)

Edited (01/26/17), (06/13/17), (12/07/22)