Chapter Twenty Six: I Feel Pretty

"Oh my god, are you sure they only gave you cafecito?" Lin asked before taking a bite of his burger watching me as I sat on the floor bouncing my legs.

"Yeah," I danced the last fry into my mouth. I'm not sure where Lin went, but it's a magical place.

"As your dad, no more cafecito for you," Lin finalized. Fair point as I couldn't stop tapping my hand right now. But he just called himself my dad, what did that mean exactly? Did it change our relationship in anyway?

"Got it," I agreed. I decided not to voice my questions, Lin needed to concentrate on his next show. He had like an hour and a half before his next show at eight. My phone buzzed.

Jazzy: We just got back from dinner, come chill with us!

"Hey Lin, Jasmine wants me to go chill with her, can I?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure. Just no more caffeine, 'kay?" Lin said casually.

"Gotcha, I'll be back before you head to stage," I promised and headed out. I went up a set of stairs and knocked on Jazzy's door. Immediately, it opened and I was pulled into the room.

"Lark, can we give you a makeover?" Phillipa asked excitedly. Renee and Jazzy were smiling hopefully near by. 

I looked at the there excitement in confusion, "Why?"

"Because we want to?" Jazzy asked more than answered.

I shrugged, "It's chill."

It felt like I got jumped are something. I was pushed into Renee's chair to the sound of a giggles.

"I can't wait until I get to teach my daughter about makeup, she's so beautiful," gushed Renee proudly. I smiled at the fantastic parent.

"Here," Jasmine handed me a wipe, "Get whatever you have on off."

Not thinking, I wiped up the small bits of foundation I wore to cover some of the few bruises I had from Destiny, Hope, and Bailey. It had happened almost a week ago so my bruises were almost gone. I looked up at the three actresses, kinda scared about their reactions.

"What happened, Lark?" Phillipa turned my head to get a closer look at the purple marks.

I fidgeted nervously, "Last Thursday a couple of bullies, they...yeah. It was before I first stayed with Lin."

The girls were silent for a moment before Jasmine spoke, "Well fuck those bullies, you're still beautiful, bruises and all."

I smiled although I didn't really take her seriously.

"Is anything going to happen with these bullies?" Renee asked, still concerned.

I shrugged as Phillipa started applying some foundation, "We're dealing with something else right now. Lin and I am heading out for three days for that, so dealing with bullies, especially ones that I don't live near, is pretty minuscule."

"I heard about that," Phillipa said, "It's all pretty hush-hush why."

I ignored that as Jasmine attempted putting eyeliner on me. Note the word "attempted". Renee was brushing my long brown hair. 

"So how happy was a Lin for the heavily energetic Lark?" Jazzy asked laughing.

I smiled, "About drove him out of his mind with the bouncing. I'm surprised I haven't crashed like the sugar rush from six grade."

Pippa laughed, "Oh, how was that?"

I laughed at the memory, "We had a cell project and like everyone brought cake and jello. We were only supposed to have a piece of two of them, but I was eleven and you couldn't keep me away from sugar. I ended up getting held down by a kid in my class, Colton, and my brother."

"Brother? What's his name?" Jazzy asked wiping away some smudged eyeliner.

"Lucas. I have five brothers and two sisters," I answer.

"What's Lucas like?" Renee asked.

I smiled sadly, "He was such a theatre nerd. It was the thing we shared, we did choir together, sang together. He was Daddy Warbucks for our first show, the director would rave to my parents that he had the voice of an angel," I broke off laughing. Lucas and I had grown close over soundtracks and dealing with Logan and Layton's death. Little did anyone know that Lucas had only a little over a month before his fatal car accident.

"He sounds like he was great," Pippa said picking out a lipstick or lipgloss- I'm really not into makeup.

"He was."

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"I think we're done, girls," Pippa stated proudly. The other two singers backed away and stared at me proudly.

"Yup, definitely done," Jazzy sank to the couch.

"Turn around, Lark, turn around," Renee squealed. I immediately thought "Look around, look around", but I ignored my inner fangirl and complied to Renee's excited demands.I turned around and was actually pretty shocked. My eyelashes were darker and looked a bit longer, my lips shined, and my cheeks had more color. It was quite different than my normal look, but I wasn't going to do this like everyday because of my say on makeup and I was honestly too lazy.

"I look chill," I say simply.

"Chill?" Jazzy replied, "You look hot."

I blushed and looked at the time; forty five minutes until show. The girls needed to get mic'd and ready for the show.  

"It's seven fifteen." I stated.

"Let's do a show!" Renee exclaimed and they raced out to get mic'd.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Like I promised, I headed back to Lin's dressing room before he was called to stage.

 "Hey Lin," I walked in. Lin was facing away and was half-Lin/half-Hamilton. He still had a T-shirt on but had Hamilton's pants. He turned around quickly at the sound of my voice before slowing down when he caught a glimpse of me.

"What happened to your face?"

I laughed, "Hello to you too. The Schuyler sisters happened."

He shrugged, "Thought that'd happen."

"Your half-Lin/half-Hamilton and you have half hour until show," I remarked smirking.

He looked down at his appearance, "Yeah, I was writing and time disappeared."

"Can you legally tell me about this piece?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"Yup. Am I going to? Nope," He said cheekily before running out of the room.

"Lin!" I yelled down the hall.

"Sorry, getting mic'd! Can't hear you!" He called back and disappeared from sight. I leaned back against the wall grinning. He's such a nerd, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Word Count: 1045

Finished at 7:52 pm

Uploaded at 7:57

This is a happy chapter! Cherish it, because this is the filler before the end of this arc which is gonna be chill. I also have been foreshadowing the next arc. I hoped you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

Ever yours, hlwing