Chapter Twenty Two: Seize The Day

I gathered the dishes and put them in the sink after supper. My plans for tonight was to help Vanessa with Sebastian and maybe help around the house, but those plans were ruptured when Lin stuck his head in the doorway and said, "Come on Alondra, I'm showing you off to the guys."

"Oh my god, really?" I asked. I seemed to just embarrass myself when I was with the cast.

"Yup," he said and then left to continue getting ready. I washed my hands and ran down the hall to my room. I brushed my hair and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I finished and meet Lin in the hall after giving Vanessa and Sebastian a hug.

"And we're off!" Lin yelled when we exited the apartment.

"To see the wizard?" I joked back.

Lin smiled happily and pulled me to his hip, "This is why you're my kid."

I smiled at that, "So you're showing me off to the guys?"

"Always," Lin answered.

"Was that a Harry Potter reference?" I joked. Lin held up his hands in mock surrender and I laughed, "You're such a nerd and I love it."

Lin laughed, "We get the car tonight."

"Okay," I commented. I didn't even know they had a car. All the vines I've seen are usually in the subway. I had so much more to learn. Anyways, we get in the car and head down to the Richard Rodgers.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

There was a bunch of fans outside the stage door when we got there. Lin pulled out a sharpie.

"You can go inside if you want to; I'll be inside in a bit," Lin said.

"Okay," I replied and went to walk to the door. I was painstakingly aware of the people watching me. I clenched my hand and concentrated on not messing up in anyway. Usually, I failed at this and tripped or something but I was lucky and made it to the door. I gave the crowd a quick wave and went inside. I waved to Jimmy the door guy and went upstairs to see which cast members had shown up. I waved to Sasha who looked at me weirdly before remembering who I was and waved back. Sometimes, I felt like I was just dropped into this place and was an outsider. Maybe being Lin's foster kid will help me be more expected or maybe I was the one making me feel this way, with me I really couldn't tell as I usually convinced myself that I was the outcast due to my introvertedness.

"Hey," Phillipa greets and breaks off my inner dialog.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked politely.

"I'm great, how are you?"

"I'm fine," I answer. Being truthful, my emotions were so mixed up that I wasn't even going to try to figure them out.

"Lin at the door?" Pippa asked.

I nodded and pointed towards the exit, "Yeah, he's signing things."

"Hey, when you see him can you tell him Tommy is looking for him?" Pippa asked.

"Sure," I responded. She thanked me and started to leave but then I remembered, "Hey, Pippa! Can I get your autograph later for my coworker?"

She turned around, "Yeah, of course, but I gotta warm up, see you later."

I said goodbye and went to Lin's dressing room and laid down on the most comfortable couch ever. I pulled out my phone and started reading a book that I've been trying to finish.

"Hello, hello, hello!" Lin exclaimed as he came in.

"Pippa said that Tommy wants to see you," I said in monotone.