Chapter Twenty Nine: Blow Us All Away

Lin and I had our seat belts on as we went into the air. I was low-key flipping out. How was this happening? Oh god, what if we crashed and died. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. I'm dead. I'm dead!

"Lark, are you okay? You seem out of it," Lin said looking over worriedly.

I pretended to look surprised by his comment, "No, I'm fine."

"Okay," Lin said not sounding very convinced. I sat back in my seat and tried to relax. It felt like I was on the swing and in the brief moment of weightlessness before gravity took hold. I peaked outside, we we're so high in the air!

"How is this possible?" I muttered in shock. Like I get flight, but it's so strange.  

"Is it your first time flying?" Lin asked. I didn't answer. Lin took that as a yes," Oh my god, I thought you flew before. Did you and your mom drive back and forth from New York and Norfolk?"

I nodded and ignored a growing pain in my head, "Yeah, Mom always got sick flying, so we never flew."

"That's insane. Driving like that isn't fun. I once went on this insanely long trip with my friends and I swear to God, that's how I learned to freestyle."

I laughed imagining Lin driving by corn field after corn field and miserably freestyling.

"Then you're gonna love the drive from Omaha to Norfolk," I replied.

"Oh yeah, your sister's picking us up, right?" Lin asked.

"Yeah, Lizbeth. She doesn't have to work today and can actually leave town unlike Adam," I clarified.

"What did you brother's do again?" Lin asked.

I laughed remembering Aiden's, "Well Aiden got drugs in the mail and the mailman was an undercover FBI agent, which I find hilarious for some reason. And I don't remember what Adam did this time, probably stealing or drugs or something."

Lin nodded. I felt bad for my older half-brothers, they probably wouldn't be in these situations if it wasn't for their father. I grimaced as the pain in my head grew. I guessed it was the pressure change, I had enough of a problem with that from the weather. I kicked myself for not bring any pain medication, but I didn't want to deal with airport regulations.

"I'm going to write, you chill?" Lin asked pulling out a notebook and pulling up his headphones.

"I'm chill," I answered and pulled out my earbuds and my own notebook. I decided to doodle and just made random drawings on the lined page. I looked over to see Lin tapping his pen to a beat and I smiled. What a nerd. I drew a little chibi Hamilton jamming out to music like Lin, but it wasn't very good. It was cute though. Next, I doodled the Hamilton characters in their Hogwarts houses and thought about their Ilvermorny houses. I think A.Ham would be a Wampus. I played some clipping. and bopped my head to the beat as I worked. A touch to my elbow brought me out of my trance. I took out an earbud and looked at Lin.

"Yeah?"

Lin looked at my notebook, "Are those the Hamilton characters in Hogwarts uniforms?"

I looked down at my work and then back at Lin, "Yup, also doing their Ilvermorny houses later."

"I haven't heard about that," Lin said confused.

I sat up, "Well Americans can't go to Hogwarts and Ilvermorny is the American wizarding school. Instead of a sorting hat we have these carvings that move when they think we'd belong in their house. More than one carving can move at a time, and if that happens the kid has to choose."