Chapter Thirteen: Learn To Be Lonely

Despite my promise to talk to her about her choices, I stayed in my room until four going through the Twitter and the Tumblr. It was fun, I guess. I was getting feedback on my Hamilton cover. I gained like twenty subscribers and got about two hundred likes. One of the comments was: "Make Lin see the thing" followed by several "On it" and "Trying to". I laughed at their little conversations and thinking they'd get Lin, arguably the busiest of the Hamilton cast, to see my video. Someone in the comments said to tag me or mention my name and maybe that raise their chances. He did take me in...but he was going to forget in a couple months, a year maybe.

I got of the internet and went to Mom's room. Again it was empty. I checked the rest of the apartment and she had left without a trace. I was really done with this shit, so I just went back to my room. Maybe I should do a couple covers. I pulled out Mom's Ipad and pulled up a karaoke version of the song I wanted and practiced a bit. I started recording:

"Hi, it's Lark again. I really appreciate all the buzz on my last video and with you guys trying to get Lin-Manuel to find the thing. Reminds me of Tumblr with John Green. Anyways, I'll be doing of my favorite songs called "Home". I hope you enjoy...

So that's my cover! I hoped you liked it." I smiled brightly at my small group of fans. They brought me a simple happiness. Each one of them was precious and beautiful and deserved so much in life. The fact they took time out of their day to watch me was amazing. My fans were the best...

I got up to goo shower as Jason was apparently paying the water bill now. This doesn't mean I was going to quit my job. There was no telling of when their relationship was going to go south and I needed to be ready to be right back in the game when it did.

After my shower, I laid down on my bed and stared at the bunch of glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling. It didn't even segregate that. I had glow-in-the-dark beads and bracelets hanging from my white ceiling, too.

For some reason, I thought back to my guinea pig I had before we moved here. Mom didn't want very many things from the pass to come with us, so we sold him. It hurt like hell because he was my pet. His name was Darwin (of all things a twelve year old girl to name her guinea pig). Darwin was mostly brown with small patches of blonde and white. He was a baby and whined a lot. Some of my most frequently used saying were "Are you seriously peeing on me" and "It's three in the fucking morning and I have to get up in two hours. So shut the hell up or I'll make you." Zero to one hundred real quick.  

Bored, I scrolled through Twitter while jamming to Green Day. Lin had retweeted something:

@Lin_Manuel: Okay guys, calm down. I found the thing! Good job @lark_evans!

Connected to it was a link to my cover of Hurricane. Almost instantly, I got a bunch of likes (some dislikes, too) and comments. The fans from before where rejoicing about Lin finding the thing. I decided to do a vlog. I switched to my camera and my phone and pressed record.

"You guys are so adorable! You made Lin find the thing, congratulations. I don't have much to say besides thank you. I'm rocking out to Green Day-" Like magic, Basket Case began to play. "- Okay, we're jamming to this. How can someone not?"

And I embarrassed myself on the interwebs. I head banged, sang, pantomimed a guitar, and screamed. I uploaded the three and a half minute video without dignity.  After, I went back on Twitter and I had a message from Lin:

Lin: Are you home? Is your mom home? Should be back before tomorrow.

I am home and my mom was so...

Me: I'm home. Mom went out for a little bit.

Lin: Okay, I'll see you soon.

Me: ?

What was he talking about? I shrugged it off, Lin sometimes was a bit scatterbrained when he was overworked. 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Third Person POV

Lin looked over at Vanessa before relaying the message, "Lark's home. Her Mom isn't there right now."

Vanessa relayed this through the phone to the DFC. She nodded, "Yes, do you need the address again?...Okay, yes thank you."

She hung up the phone and sunk to the couch. Lin looked at her expectantly.

"They'll check up on it as soon as they can. Based on the information we provided their taking a priority on this, since we can testify to abandonment and neglect."

Lin nodded and took a breath. The only reason he was home was for this. He had two shows today and needed to hustle to get back to the Rodgers. He kissed Vanessa before hurrying out the door.

Word Count: 859

Finished at 5:47 pm

Uploaded at 5:56 pm

Two Chapters in a day!!!!

Really boring chapter,but shits going down in the next one. Thanks for reading this filler. Love y'all!

Ever yours, hlwing