Chapter Seven: I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here

Lin guided me to his place. I felt like I was going through a fog. I couldn't really think straight so I was depending on him more than I ever had to do before in my life. He didn't complain. Eventually, we exited a shiny elevator and walked to his home. He unlocked the door and quietly entered. It must have been at least midnight by now so his wife and son were probably asleep by now.

"Okay," Lin whispered, "have you eaten, yet?"

After a moment of agonizingly slow thinking, I nodded. "Yes."

Lin didn't question but instead quietly went into what I assumed was his room. He came back with a T-shirt and gym shorts. He gave them to me and pointed to where the bathroom is. I silently headed there to get dressed.

I had worn leggings and a long sleeved sweater before so I wouldn't have to put any makeup on my limbs. Now I was in a pair of gym shorts that went past my knees and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles T-shirt that went to my knees. Any bruises on my lowers arms and legs were for show. Speaking of bruises, cleaning the makeup off my face hurt. More bruising had developed and I was pretty sure that I going to have a black eye. Wonderful. I exited the bathroom and went to the kitchen as I wasn't sure where I'd be staying.

Lin was sitting at the table and probably eating leftovers from Vanessa and Sebastian. He grimaced at my bruises. I sat across from him at the table and looked down at my hands.

"Do you know where your mother could possibly be? When was the last time you saw her." Lin asked.

Does he want to get of me already? I saw Mom yesterday, right? No, it's Friday now. Goddamn, bills are due.

"Wednesday, she left Wednesday. She didn't say anything before she left. I thought about stopping her, but I can't tell her what to do."

Lin didn't say anything. Maybe he was thinking about just calling the cops in the morning you deal with me. Or worse, social services. They can't- he can't rip me away from Mom, she needed me.

"Where's your Dad? Siblings?"

"My siblings didn't come with us to New York. They either stayed with their dad, had there own lives already, or were in prison. And Dad isn't..around. It's just Mom and me."

Lin nodded and I stared at my hands. Lin finished eating and cleaned the bowl in the sink. He came out of the kitchen and while he passed me, gestured to follow. I complied. He lead me last the bathroom and pointed to a guest room.

"I hope you're okay with staying in the guest room for awhile."

I smiled at couldn't resist to hug him. I think it caught off guard a bit but he lightly hugged back to not set of the bruises on my back.

"Thank you, Lin."

"You're welcome, kid. Now go to bed," Lin said before leaving me at the doorway. I entered and turned on the light. The bed was a queen, I think. And had a blue and baby blue bedspread. The room was very big, but bigger than the one at home. I curled up in the bed, enjoying the cool sheets. I silently thanked God that my insomnia didn't decide to strike tonight and that in less than ten minutes later I was asleep.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

My alarm on my phone didn't wake me up, a child's crying did. So now that I was awake about half an hour early and with about six hours of sleep under my belt. Good number during the school year, bad during the summer. But as I was awake now I might as well get up. The only spare clothes I had were from yesterday and I didn't want to exactly put them on again. So I headed out to the kitchen wearing what Lin had given me.