Chapter 8

Jaden stared expectantly at his friend. What did he have to say to him? But the look on Sereph's face wasn't exactly good news. Had something happened? He waited patiently for his friend to start talking.

Sereph wondered how best to phrase it, then began to speak, "Jaden. There's something we didn't expect."

Jaden frowned.

No matter how he phrased it, it didn't change anything, so he just said, "Hope, my heart, is blind. That's why it didn't go the way we had imagined."

Blind? A blind soul? Jaden had never heard of this in his entire life. But that changed a lot. "What do we do now, Kuro?" he asked his friend.

"First, I want you to secure all dangerous edges and places. I know that's a lot of work. Then you let all employees know. How we introduce them to Hope, we have to ask him. Besides, I don't want them to mention to Hope that he's my heart, nor that I'm a prince of hell. I don't want to scare him right away. We will get to know each other and I will win him over," Sereph said with focus.

Jaden looked at him in surprise. He has no problem at all with his blindness. He just worries and wants to avoid him getting hurt. At the same time, he leaves the decisions to Hope. So this is the famous heart. Insanity. He would support Sereph wherever he could, after all, he owed him more than his life.

The door opened and they both looked at the person who had just come out. With his hands, Hope ran over the door and scanned it.

"What are you doing?" Jaden curiously asked.

Hope turned his head to him and looked at him with his eyes closed.

Now the closed eyes also make sense.

"I try to memorize the door so that I recognize it," the person replied as a matter of course, as if talking about the weather.

Sly. Sereph went to his human and put his hand on his cheek. Hope turned to him and opened his eyes briefly. Jaden hissed as he was again taken over by those beautiful eyes. "Unfortunately, I have to work. Jaden will show you around. If you need me, call me and I will come," the hellprince said lovingly to his human. The look from him spoke volumes, he had already fallen for Hope without hope of rescue.

But the human just smiled and said: "I can do it. Blind, not helpless. Already forgotten?"

Reluctantly, his friend broke away from Hope and walked away. Jaden was left speechless. Hell, this is really beautiful. Now they just have to tie the knot. The incubus heard a click and before he knew it, the human was standing right in front of him. He didn't run straight into me? Chance?

"Hello Hope, my name is Jaden. It's a pleasure to meet you," he greeted his best friend's mate in a friendly voice.

Hope looked at him with his eyes closed. "You were at the auction, right behind me when I collapsed."

The demon looked at the human in amazement. "How do you know?"

Hope tilted his head and replied, "Your voice. I recognize others by their voice and smell. Your voice is very distinctive, I would recognize it anywhere. Only Sereph's voice is... oh, forget it," Hope broke off, and a slight blush covered his cheeks.

Maybe it's not as bad as you think, old friend. Jaden liked Hope and his open and honest manner. "Good, then I'm going to show you around. Should I take you by the hand or how do you want it?" The demon didn't want to impose himself on him or make him feel that he would not take him for full.

"Just walk in front of me at a slow pace so that I can count the steps. Don't talk unless you describe something important to me. Please stop first," Hope instructed.