Chapter 19

Jaden was preparing everything for Hope's inauguration ceremony tomorrow when a portal opened and the commanders of the Third and Fifth Divisions of Sereph's army stepped out. A day early, why are they here already?

Palo, the leader of the Third Division – a Sylph demon who was fond of both the element of fire and earth. This was a rarity, as Sylph demons usually only had a connection to one element. He was about 6' 1'' tall and wide and had shoulder-length reddish-brown hair, which he had tied into a strict braid, and dark brown eyes.

Leto, the leader of the Fifth Division – a Mazoku demon – was only 5' 7'' and narrower. Like all demons of his race, he had two hair colors, one fox red – the color of his fox form – with a light brown left eye. The other half had several shades of brown that corresponded to the plumage of his owl. His right eye was accordingly yellow.

Both had been present at the war and were concerned about the condition of their prince. There were bad rumors circulating that caused unrest. They had known Sereph for a long time now and had grown under his leadership. A deep loyalty linked them to their prince, but this wasn't true for all the commanders of his army. So they had decided to check on their prince's condition a day earlier.

"Hi Jaden, do you know where Sereph is?" Leto asked politely to the incubus. Both had respect for Jaden, because they knew that even if he only played the "steward" – he was more powerful than it appeared. Jaden had a very special connection to Sereph; forged a connection through blood and death.

"He's on the patio with his heart," Jaden said, smiling. That was already a good sign. Jaden ran towards the terrace that led out to the garden. As the three demons approached it, they met almost the entire workforce that was bustling in front of the exit.

"What's going on here?" asked Palo, confused.

Jaden sighed. "You'll see in a moment. But get ready, you won't move any time soon," said the incubus.

What did he mean? Both were confused. They walked through another door and stepped outside. It took a moment and Jaden's prediction came true. They both froze. It was the moment when the sweet melody reached their ears and wrapped around them like a fetter. Soft, soft tones that penetrated into them and let them come to complete peace. Then a bright, magical voice sounded, making them forget any burden they were carrying.

In front of them sat their prince, in his arms his blond mate, whose fingers flew nimbly over a foreign instrument, like a butterfly in the air. In addition, the angelic voice was breathtaking. Sereph had his arms wrapped around Hope's stomach and his head was leaning against the pillar behind him. He had his eyes closed and enjoyed it, just like the other demons.

Is he a siren? thought Palo. Only when the piece ended and the mate put down the instrument did the two commanders regain control of their bodies. With a smile, the blond man looked at them, his eyes closed.

With a soft murmur, the throng of the workforce also dissolved, which set off again.

Sereph opened his eyes and turned to the two guests. He had expected them to arrive, but not so early in the day. "Palo, Leto. What brings you here?" he asked them.

The softness and lightness in Sereph's voice surprised them briefly. He's very different from four days ago. His aura... it has changed. He seems so balanced, grounded. It had to be the mate who was packing his instrument. Sereph continued to hold in his arms and the two demons stepped in front of them.

Palo got down on his knees and introduced himself to the Kirash. "Kirash, my name is Palo. It is an honor to meet you." Leto did the same.

Hope grimaced and waved his hands. "Oh, please don't. Please don't kneel in front of me. I'm not someone who-" But his demon interrupted him.