The New Mission

Jadens p.o.v

Crap!

I was late and as I ran up the pavement I cursed myself for hating this place so much. If I hadn't have wanted to avoid this building I wouldn't be late. It was two minutes after one. I inserted the key slowly and opened the door even slower, thanking every godly deity I knew that the door didn't squeak before shutting it without a sound. I managed to make it all the way upstairs without noticing movement in the halls or rooms. My hand wrapped around the handle of my bedroom door before I flinched at the sound of a clearing throat.

I had been so, so close.

With my eyes cast down I turned on my heels to greet my mother. She stood leaned on the wall across from me with her arms crossed, a scowl already marring her face. "Did you get my money J?" She asked while staring at me blankly as I shifted. I knew she had meant our money but I didn't correct her on it.

"Um, no." Her eyes narrowed dangerously and I quickly explain the situation to calm her anger toward me slightly. "Unfortunately he gave the money to someone else by the time I got him alone m'am." Her face twisted and for a second she looked demonic, even though we were the same height she scared me more than anything. While I only became a sadistic son of a bitch when I was ready to kill someone on a job, she was ready to kill no matter what version of a bitch she was.

"Then why didn't you try earlier!" She hissed straight in my face as I pressed myself into my bedroom door. "I trained you to find and kill not waste time figuring out your target before you kill them! Stop wasting my time and get the jobs done right before you make me discipline you again!" I grunted when she punched me right in the face making my head hit the door, hard. I fell to my knees and couldn't grasp my bearing enough to know if I should clutch my nose or back of my head. They were both bleeding but I ignored it and covered my head with my arms to the best of my ability.

"I'm s-sorry mother. I didn't mean to cause you so much distress. Please forgive me." I begged. My head was pounding and my nose throbbed but I stayed on my knees at her feet. I flinched when a glob of spit landed on the top of my head and cried out in pain when her boot covered foot came crashing into my ribs. More often than not her punishments came out of nowhere but I didn't question it. I was despicable.

"I raised you and treated you well, look what I get in return! A boy who can't follow simple directions! All I asked was that you kill Collins and get my money back!" She screeched and fumed above me. I closed my eyes and readied myself for my punishment. My only hope was that it wouldn't be as bad as last time, I hoped for mercy although hope was a meaningless thing.

She sighed and kicked a new hole in the wall before speaking in a calmer tone. "I'm going to give you one more chance and you will not fail me again, understood?" I didn't look up, didn't even try to get off the ground, just nodded my head. "You are going to go and get a job at a club and when you get the chance you will kill Charles Robert who also works there. He was close with a previous target and seeks revenge, reporting us looks like his plan but he doesn't know who we are and has no real proof. Just kill him and make some cash at the same time. I don't want to see your pathetic face at all now, work back the money you lost.” she said, I was still nodding along, hanging off her every word simply relieved that she wasn't going to hurt me anymore. Was this what it was like to have a vacation? Did this even count?

"Do I go now?" I murmured quietly. There were times where she would send me on mission after mission without me ever getting to enter my room. It would be nice to use my sleeping quarters for actual sleeping.

"Get cleaned up, be ready first thing in the morning, you leave then." She ordered before storming away. I waited until I heard the slam of her door to finally get to my feet, cradling the back of my head and rubbing my chest. When I finally walked in, I looked around my personal space and smiled, it was simple but this was the only place where my good memories thrived.