A Gift?

Jadens bedroom to the side except the furniture is a lot less fancy, his room isn't as bright and it's smaller in size. I would have found something more like his boring room but every bedroom photo on Google is basically professionally taken with top of the line furniture. (Why can't my room look so nice? Oh yeah... because I'm a messy girl that leaves art supplies and shoes EVERYWHERE!)

Jaden's p.o.v.

Emptiness, it engulfed my soul but somehow it managed to hurt. One would think that feeling empty inside would bring numbness but it didn't.

A week has past since that day. A week in which I've been locked in my room with no food. That was ok though because I didn't mind it at all. When my mother brought me home she coddled me for a day before just putting me in my room and locking it from the outside. She had said something about how I needed to think things through and get over it, not too sure about her exact words.

My stomach growls for food but I just lay still, sprawled across the sheets. I feel like the pains from lack of edibles actually make me feel better. Just somehow. It was the only other thing I felt besides the tightness in my chest that clung like a parasite, never leaving.

I tried not to think about it but Drake really made his act believable. Even when I sleep I can't get away from him anymore. His eyes and face come to me in dreams that make me bawl all over again when I wake up. They always start so nice, so fun filled and happy until everything in the dream shifts and he leaves. Sometimes he disappears or leaves with someone else, sometimes he kills me while laughing about his sexapades. It hurt me worse than my hunger ever could.

The grey walls seem interesting now. Over the past week I've noticed the small bumps scattered across the surface and counted and recounted the one thousand eight hundred and ninety two scratches and marks they have. Even while I occupied myself like that Drake was still in my thoughts.

Am I really only good for killing people and sex? Is that all I'm good for to this world? Of course I never really had sex with Drake but it was getting to that point, I think. I should have stuck to my no strings attached mission mode but I just couldn't. Especially not with him.

Maybe I just shouldn't live. So much would be better. Without me Drake can do whatever it is he wants but I guess he already is. Random people on my mom's hit list wouldn't die, heck my mom might even straighten herself out without me as her pawn. Wolf could have gotten away if I was never there to hold him back but does it really matter? I've always believed that people die all the time so no harm done in death right? I could die and nobody would bat an eye for me. The world won't stop for one person, life goes on, people heal, shit just happens.

Some people come in your life as blessings and others come into your life as lessons. Its what you choose to make of those blessings that will change your life forever.

I sat up and rubbed at my stomach. Since my return home I've lost the weight I gained with Drake but I don't care. If my body become the way it was before him then maybe my heart could return to its former coldness as well. I understand Wolfs words now. Drake was my lesson. He showed me that love is nothing but lies and manipulation. I now know that even the sweetest of smiles and tenderest of touches can be deceitful.

I can grow from this lesson. Trust no one and always and forevermore will I stay suspicious of people, humans, vampires, whatever the Fuck there is out there!

I get up from my bed and walk to my dresser where my few personal belongings hide. The ticking of the clock on the bedside table deafening in my silence. Opening the middle drawer and pushing aside some clothes while lifting the false bottom, l pull out the flat box. Inside I have two things. A golden bracelet with a circle of crystals that make it look a bit like a watch that Wolf gave to me as a present after breaking and entering into a scientists home. The other was a locket with a photo of my mother and father in it. They looked so happy, him looking into the distance while smiling for an unknown reason and her, looking at him with a small smile and shining brown eyes from were she rested in his lap.