Playtime

Drake's p.o.v.

I try to concentrate on all the things going on around me instead of Jaden. The cars speeding along side us while blaring their horns and cutting people off. I was one of those drivers now too, cutting off cars and speeding down the highway trying to get as far away from the city I once lived in peacefully without all these complications but when I look over at the man beside me, I know that I have no regrets.

He looks so small right now, curled up in a ball on the car's seat. The baggy shirt didn't help either. It made him look so fragile and his hair, a disheveled mess atop his head with strands sticking in every direction because of his hands constantly pushing through it, showed his distress. The way he eyes stayed stuck to the window was frightening, almost as if he wanted to jump through it and die. I've never seen him so shaken. "Jaden, look at me."

The only sign that he heard me was the way his shoulders bunched up in panic before he relaxed back to hugging his legs. I reached over slowly, placing my hand on his shoulder even as he flinched away, to turn him. My eyes flickered from the road to him before I sighed and dropped my hand, facing the road. "I'm sorry Drake." Jaden whispered and when I peeked over he was looking down at his knees. I didn't even mind that he was probably getting the passenger seat dirty with his shoes. It was Heath's car anyway and once this unexpected turn of events was done I would clean it up before returning it.

"There's no need to apologize, I understand." If he was panicking then it was best to let him sort through all his thoughts.

"No. I'm sorry for dragging you into my problems. If I would have tried harder to stay away from you then maybe...." his voice got smaller the longer he talked and his desperation tugged at the strings of my heart. The way he was taking all the blame made me feel worse, I wanted him to be my Submissive, my lover and boyfriend, but I wasn't being a good Dominant.

"You didn't drag me into anything. If anything I dragged you into a mess Jaden so really this is my fault." I told him and he looked over with confused eyes. Jaden put his legs down and stared at me once again, arms limp by his sides. "Everything seemed to be going well for you before I tried to get your attention. Well not well but you had things under control and I messed all of that up for you. It's my fault we are currently on the run from your mother." I explained and ran my fingers through my hair before signing and tightening my hold on the steering wheel. What kind of fucked up person does this kind of stuff to their own kid?

I didn't know what else to say. So I kept driving and he kept staring but soon went back to the window. To my relief he seemed calmer and less stressed. When we finally made it to our destination I unlocked the gates before pulling into the driveway, the gates closing behind us with a loud clank.

"Where are we?" We both looked up at the old fashioned Victorian home in awe after exiting the car. It was one of my mother's many homes. Huge as expected, she was always one to like to show off how much money she had. The white and tan house was more than three times the size of my home but most people don't know where it is because of the dense forest surrounding the land.

"This place belongs to my mom. I used to come here every summer for a couple years before I hit fifteen years old." I explained. It seemed like a good place to hide out despite its size. My mother gave me the keys to all of her homes but I refused to go to any because of the off chance of running into her and her grandchild crazy self. This was urgent though and I knew we had to leave and this was my best option at the moment.

"Why did you stop coming?" Jaden asked skeptically as we walked through the foyer so I turned to face him with a small smile.

"It seems we both have mom 'problems'." I chuckled. "When I turned fifteen my mother started setting up ridiculous dates with girls my age when she found out I was gay. She refused to believe it and so I avoided her as much as possible  to in turn avoid the dates but to this day she still tries to marry me to a female." i explain and he frowns to himself. I will be as truthful as possible with Jaden and it's not like I'm hiding the fact that she wants babies. A small shiver runs through my spine at the thoughts of those horribly awkward dates.