Medicine

Drake's p.o.v.

I'm so glad. So fucking glad he's awake! The memory of constant worry and self-loathing because I couldn't see Jaden was still fresh. As was the horror of tracking him down to make sure he was ok, only to find him unconscious and beaten on the floor of an abandoned building. Now I'm just mad at myself. For letting him leave, for not trusting my gut feeling to follow him sooner, and for basically having a major tantrum and destroying that building. Nonetheless I was beyond worried for Jaden.

Someone obviously did that to him and by the looks of it they were seriously mad. When I found him I went into a thirty second rage and destroyed everything but it was enough to trash the place and take down a wall or two. Then I panicked and gathered him in my arms before sprinting with vampire speed to the nearest hospital. I don't care how much money I pay as long as he's ok in the end..... then I'll go and murder the stupid motherfucker!

Glancing down at my smooth hands, that hours before had scars all over from my brief rage and sighed. "Mr. Morgan, Mr. Sanders is ready to take visitors now although he seems quite tired and we are regulating some morphine into him right now to help dull his pain." Said Doctor James, a tall lean red headed man. I nodded and stood from my chair, walking over to the door. They had not let me see him while they were treating his wounds so I was ecstatic that I could now.

"Thank you." I said with a nod before pushing open the door and walking in. He sat on the bed glaring at all the things the doctor has him hooked up to which means his IV's. The bandage covering the gash on his head was fresh and my nose scrunched up at the strong smell of medicines and clorox. Jaden looked uncomfortable on the hospital bed but at the same time his eyes were slowly closing. "Hey how do you feel?"

His slowly looked my way and then mumbled "like shit." Jaden moved his hand to the needle giving him pain reliever but I put a hand over his, effectively stopping him from taking it out. It was too easy, he had almost no energy it seems. "Drake leave me alone." He said with a weak glare. I'm pretty sure he knew that this was the reason he was falling asleep against his will.

"Not in a million years. Look what happened last time I left you alone." I told him and he huffed then pulled away his hand slowly. He seemed so fragile now. His movements all slow and his face tired. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"You are not my father and you can't tell me what to do. I can...." him voice was hard then lost it edge as the pain meds took him under. There's my feisty boy but damn he's right about the father thing or whatever. I'm still his boss and I can kinda tell him what to do. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, watching his battered up sleeping form. I can't tell him what to do. He would hate me if I did that and I want the opposite. Even if they say love blooms from hate, that doesn't always work and I rather not chance it.

I sat in the chair by the window, opening it so I could get fresh air. The meds and clorox are only slightly annoying but the main reason I want air is so I don't have to smell Jaden's blood. Even though it's faint now it still drives me insane. The beast inside me growls and I groan as my fangs elongate. Just thinking about sinking my fangs into his neck has me hard. Hearing footsteps I quickly stand and adjust myself before taking one big breath and turning to give a small smile to the nurse. She was a short woman with chestnut hair and green eyes and was currently checking Jaden's papers and monitors. "Excuse me but can you tell me the extent of his injuries?"

She looked up with a blush "Yes sir." She said and twirled a piece of her hair and walked closer before telling me. I took a step back and she stopped advancing. "He has a cracked rib, broken wrist, a gash on his head that caused a concussion, multiple bruises, and cuts." She said and went back to checking everything. It was worse than I thought....