Back to Work

Jadens p.o.v.

A week later and Drake finally understands that I can walk. As annoying and frustrating as it was though, I missed it later on. I don't really understand it but maybe it was because of the way he held me close, the way he would look down at me with a smile and gave my body a light squeeze. Drake has become overly cautious in the things I'm 'aloud' to do but I humor him and listen to his list of activities I can do. Right now I'm laying on his couch watching some weird show with a short purple lumpy boy thing..

I don't like doing nothing but I rather not set Drake off on another rant about my safety. Yesterday I had tried to take a shower by myself while Drake was doing some paperwork and when I had finished and he realized, he started saying how dangerous that was, how I could have fell, an so on. So I feel like a lazy person. I think I have gained weight with the amount of food Drake tries to get me to eat but I think that's a good thing because I'm around 120 pounds.

"Hey." I looked over with a blank face to see the devil himself walking into the room, shoes on and jacket with keys in hand. "Do you want anything? I'm have to go sign some papers and check on a couple things at the club but I'll bring you something if you'd like." Drake said and basically loomed over the couch but I ignored how he stared at me and slowly sat up straighter.

"Can I go with you?" I asked excitedly while mentally rolling my eyes at having to ask permission. Drake's eyes flashed darker until he shook his head, no. He opened his mouth but quickly closed it with a frown as I interrupted. "Please? I haven't been out of this house since I woke up after the accident." I pouted and carefully crossed my arms.

"No, you have to rest more and still shouldn't be moving around a lot." He said. Geez you would think I'm some delicate China doll or something by the way he's treating me. I learned this week that fighting with Drake only makes him lascivious so I try to stay calm and 'cute' because it's easier to get him to agree with me.

"Come on! I haven't done anything all week and that's gonna kill me from the inside out!" I whined while gesturing to the couch I'm being lazy on. "At least let me go for a car ride."

He seemed to ponder my request and I was getting ready for another no. Boss knows she hurt me bad, she did it on purpose too, so she knows I need more time for this mission but I rather start as soon as possible than wait for when I heal more. Finally Drake replied "Fine you can go with me as long as I can take you on a date later."

My brows furrowed in confusion. A date? With me? I sat dumbfounded for a while, staring at Drake's smiling face even as it morrfed into an amused smirk. What do you even do on a date? Blushing when I remembered what happened on a TV show I happened to watch after a 'date' I hesitated even more. Would Drake want to have sex after? That's all he wants right? Sex. So instead of saying 'yeah sure' all collected like I wanted to I ended up saying "No thank you." With my head bowed in embarrassment.

I watched Drake's shoes, saw him drop his jacket and keys on a table out of the corner of my eye before observing him as he walked closer. His black boots stopped right next to me before he kneeled down, trying to see my face. I turned away. I couldn't believe I didn't see it before! All he wants is sex. It makes sense too, how nice he's been treating me, how he pretends to care for me in some way.... Its all so he can have an easy lay. I can't believe I started trusting him so easily. Boss taught me better than to trust other people but why had Drake managed to earn my trust so fast? A headache started to form but I ignored the pain, just like I leaned to ignore the physical pain my body was still feeling.

"Is the thought of going on a date with me so appalling to you Jaden?" He asked sadly. I shook my head. There was no problem with a date, it's what might come after. People who go on dates have feelings for each other right? That's not something I can have because that's dangerous. Its weakness. "Then why won't you look at me?"