Idiot Cops

Drake's p.o.v.

Right after I read the message I fled my club knowing the cops would come looking there sooner or later. Wearing only shorts, I changed into some jeans, a white shirt, my combat boots, and a black jacket that I stashed in my office. It was around three in the afternoon so there was no surprise when I got to the city and there were people rushing about in the cold wind, the grey clouds above looking ready to let loose. I rushed with them, my hood pulled up over my face as I walked to the bank. I'm gonna need some cash if I can't even go home now without the chance of running into some freaking crazy vampire hunting cops.

I get pushed and shoved around as some people basically run through the crowd while I grit my teeth to not lash out at them. When I finally make it to the bank though I realize something very important.

I don't have my wallet..... or phone.

"Shit!" I grumble and turn around and walk in the opposite direction. I was gonna get a lot of money out of the ATM and then live off the cash so the cops can't track my credit card but now I have no card to get that money without talking to a banker in person. As far as I know those cops have a warrant to arrest me and they are very unfair to vampire cases so it's best I not interact with many humans. The government doesn't exactly like my kind so I can't just come out an be like 'I didn't kill the guy in the alley.' Yeah, no. They would believe I'm lying to them.

I also would never rat out Jaden so that's another reason to not get caught by the cops. Even though he started this whole mess I saw the uncertainty in his eyes when he had to kill me and that was good enough for me. Good enough to let me know that he wants and needs my help and I need his. He's a killer but so was I, I know what he's going through in a way. The difference between us was that I killed for fun, as a sick, twisted game. Jaden said it was his job.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked on, just wandering the streets until it started to sprinkle and then rain. This used to happen a lot, being soaked by water and random walking. It used to be an everyday thing for me until I met Heath. On that thought I changed direction again and started walking to the east part of the city. By now the water has drenched my body and the gloomy sky made me feel cautious of my surrounding. My clothes stick to my body and I sighed in annoyance, people still bustling about but now with umbrellas.

After ten minutes of walking I finally make it to the familiar big brick house with bars in the windows. I push the button and wait for the loud buzz before pushing the metal gate open and walking down the pathway with unkempt grass on both sides. Walking up the steps I knock on the door before it's suddenly whipped open and a young boy around the age of five looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Who are you?" He asks and I smile down at him before pulling my hood down.

"I'm a friend little one." I tell him with a chuckle and go to walk in but the little boy holds out his arms as to not let me enter while baring his fangs, a tiny snarl leaving his lips.

"Mister I need identification or I can't let you in." He nods and tries to look serious but I see the smile working it's way onto his face. I raise my brow and smile at him.

"Alright Dustin enough playing around let him in. This is my very good friend kiddo!" Heath laughs and snatches the kid off the floor to swing him around and set him down again. "Sorry Drake the boy likes to play games." I watch as he runs after another little boy and girl before turning my attention back to Heath who is staring at my abs.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer man." I chuckle and he laughs but looks me in the eyes. He motions me in and he leads me to his room.

"So why are you all wet?" He asks and throws some random clothes at me. I strip and dry myself with the towel he hands me and slip on the sweats and muscle shirt.