After Effect

Jaden's p.o.v.

I killed him. I killed him. I killed him. I-i killed HIM. I KILLED HIM!

I was panicking, my brain disconnected from my body that refused to listen to reason. My chest ached without any physical damage actually being there, my palms shook terribly while soaked in sweat and shivers that traveled the length of my body. The new lashes throbbing horribly with every tremor and expansion of my torso from hyperventilating.

Calm down.

I couldn't! Tears ran down my cheeks as images flashed by in my mind. Blood, lifeless eyes, exposed bone, everything red. Red everywhere, bathed in it, on my face, my hands, my body, everywhere. I did it and for the first time ever I regretted doing it.

It's ok. You're okay.

What was even okay about murder? How have I not felt this before? This suffocating pressure that was choking my lungs, squeezing my heart. I'd never feel Drakes touch... But he was a vampire! I couldn't love him, I wouldn't want him! It was insane.

And yet I still found myself remembering his touch and his smiles, his voice, and soft hair, his eyes. God, his eyes were gorgeous, always swirling and searching for something, always curious.

The tears fell faster when the realization came. There was no use thinking about this, Drake was dead and I had done it.

A door slammed open and the familiar thumps of heeled boots came down the cement stairs, humming following along. "Jaden I hope you're ready to play again."

I let out a whimper unconsciously as my body trembles harder. The strength to keep up the act of indifference gone so that I'm left open to her in every way.

"Baby your not breaking already are you? The whip was only the first part." she tsked, disappointed. Clanking metal echoed in the basement as she prepared her next toy and I panted for breath, anything to steady me before she started her sadistic abuse, anything to protect myself because I knew what was coming.

The physical pain was inevitable but I was worried about other pain.

You're a bastard child, ungrateful, unlovable, untrustworthy. You're the scum of all scum and a lazy good-for-nothing motherfucker.

Murderer.

Monster.

And I finally had to accept each of those words, every single one.

Drake's p.o.v.