Bites

Drake's p.o.v.

I sigh as I watch Jaden trembling, his smaller form laying stiff above me. I want to hug him tight and never let go but I'm afraid I might hurt him. I don't press him to say anything, knowing he's emotional and not knowing what he's gone through. I don't know why he's so against me loving him. It surprised me when I said that though because I hadn't even admitted I was in love to myself yet I come out and blurt it to Jaden.

Why would he say that loves not real? It saddens me to know that he's so hopeless about even the thought of being loved by someone but it didn't damper my desire to have him love me back. I'm not going to force him into anything but it doesn't mean I won't give him a nudge here and there. "Jaden?"

He sniffles but stays quiet so I just leave him for now, slowly rubbing my hand through his hair until he tensed and pushed his body up and off of mine with a wince. "Sorry..." He mumbled and stared out the window across from the bed. I got up and ignored the wet stain on my shirt before sitting next to him on the soft blue bed.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about." I tell him and his glistening light blue eyes narrow while staring out the window. "Jaden really, it's ok." Does he not like crying? The first time he cried with me was at the club and after that day he withdrew emotionally until some time passed but I figured it was a hard time for him. Now though it seems like something more.

I was abused as a child. The words ring through my mind and I stare into the side of his face. What exactly has he been through? That question lead me to his back. How did he get that?

"Sure." He grumbled and wiped away some left over tears with the sleeve of his hoodie. A blush came to his face but I ignored it. He doesn't need to be teased right now. I really should treat his back, I can still smell the fresh blood on his body and although it turns me on and makes me hungry I push away my needs because that's what you do when you care for someone else. Push away your own troubles until your love is ok again. I shouldn't have brought him here though, that was stupid of me but when I found him in the street like that only to find out he was hurting, it just did something. I had wanted to help him so bad that it clouded my better judgment just like it always does.

"Jaden can I please treat your back?" I asked desperately. I would take him to the hopital but seeing as he's a killer I don't want to take that risk anymore plus I am a wanted man now too so....

"I really am fine." He said and I watched as his hand rubbed his arm nervously. I rubbed a hand down my face with a groan and threw my body back on the bed, laying in the middle with Jaden beside me. He twitched but stayed facing the window and I watched his back. My eyes trailed over his lean frame and I saw the dots of blood bleeding through his dark gray hoodie. I grew concerned when one spot in peticular started to get bigger, his blood was leaking out.

"Goddammit." I hissed and stood up while stalking to the door. If he wasn't going to let me help him then I would just not have to ask. Before I could fling open the door it burst open, an angry Heath glaring back at me but I kept a blank face.

"How could you be so careless! I'm glad you found him but that doesn't mean you can bring him here without warning us, me!" He huffed and I saw a small body cradled in his arms. Paul had his bear hugged tightly to his chest and his face stuffed into Heath's nech, hiding from the world around him.

"I know, I was stupid I'm sorry Ok?" I asked and walked around his to try to catch the little ones gaze but he hid well, he was the one to cry and stop the frenzy downstairs. 

"No not ok. You know these kids are still learning about their blood lust you dumb ass!" He huffed and rubbed Paul's back tenderly. Heath is like a perfect mother when he needs to be, it's kind of funny to see the change between his happy and cocky self into the concerned angry momma bear.