Meeting Him

Drake's p.o.v.

Sighing as I sat in the car, suffering deeply as the feminine voice went on and on. Her shrill voice piercing my sensitive ears like a high frequency whistle startles a dog. "You must come to Florida! I have finally found you the perfect bride! She is a beautiful strawberry blond that will do whatever you wish! Come son you must-"

"No."

"Drake I will not let you pass up this opportunity to regain your dignity. Our friends have been talking about you and your homosexual tendancies." She huffed, sneering that one word like it was the bain of her existence and in all actuality it was the only thing she couldn't control with money.

"Those are no friends of mine. I have told you time and time again that I am not interested in women and that I will not allow myself to have an arranged marriage. That is my final say on this topic and hopefully yours too." I spoke dryly, knowing fully well that she would be calling again in a few days, and hung up the phone. I loved my mother, I really did but she has been pushing me to get married for many years. Ever since she found out my new residence, I had hoped she would not find me at all. She knows I prefer men yet she keeps shoving women at me. This would be the forty ninth female she got to throw themselves at the chance to marry me that she found suitable this year.

I stepped out of the car and walked into my sanctuary and domain. After a quick change of clothes in my office I walked out just to focus in as Charles was about to blow up at another customer. An amazing sight to see in you own place of business. This would make it the second time, last time I almost got sued. Rolling my eyes I rush over to stop him. "Enough Charles. Stop hassling guests or I'll have to put you on parole, again. Your breaks over anyway so go back to the bar." I swear if he wasn't my cousin I'd have fired his lazy ass ages ago. Alas, my aunt was as stubborn as my mother and she buttered me up enough to consider his job, some luck that brought me.

Turning to the man he was harassing, my eyes widened slightly at what I saw. He was more of a boy than a man but it suited him and I didn't mind in the least. His fluffy brown hair and bright baby blue eyes enthralled me. I had the unrelenting urge to make sure he was protected. "Sorry about him. My name is Drake. If you'd like I could give you a white bracelet that signifies that you don't want to be approached by others." I asked, waited for him to agree.

His answer never came and I noticed his gaze fixed on me, specifically my stomach. I've caught his full attention it seems. I cleared my throat and smirk as his head snaps up. "No thank you. I actually wanted to know if you were hiring?" He asked. We have a full staff at the moment, although if he waits he may just take Charles job. He intrigues me in a way I haven't been before though so maybe I can work something out for him.

"One of the owners yes. What job were you thinking about?" I watched as he looked around the club slightly bewildered before he turned his attention back to me. He doesn't look like he knows what he's capable of. I thought of all the things he hasn't seen yet and almost laugh at the ways I think he would react. My mind drifts to the ways he might react to more impractical situations but I get shaken out of those thoughts rather quickly.

"I..maybe I can be a waiter?" He asks. His innocence and softly spoken words only increasing my interest in him. Just the way he looks up at me with curiosity riddled eyes makes me want him more.

"Alright we always need new waiters in the bottom portion of the club." I stated. It was true because they would end up making a relationship with the clients and I can't have that at the club. To much drama if something goes wrong. I lead him to my office. I'd love to see this boy that reminds me of a little puppy in the waiter's outfit. "When can you start?"

"Now is fine if that's okay with you." He said while looking around my office. Oh no, he's going to need to learn to keep his eyes on a lurking predator. His shirt says he doesn't bite but I definitely might.

Gliding in front of him I lean forward and whisper "That's absolutely fine by me, perfect even." by his face and smirk when he straightens himself from the small breath. When I pull back his eyes are trained on me and his mouth is slightly opened as if he was trying to formulate words. I walked to my desk and sat down, gaining some space from him before I did something that would scare him away. Grabbing the paperwork I slide them forward. Stepping up to my desk he signed on all the spaces and filled out necessary information as I checked emails before handing it back to me

"Do you happen to know of a place where I can sleep at night?" He almost muttered too softly for me to hear but I did thanks to my excellent hearing and I was surprised to hear he didn't have a home.

"Pardon my curiosity but do you not have a home, parents?" Surely someone was taking care of him but there was also the possibility of him being a castaway or runaway.

"I do but due to personal issues we have been in a small falling out. Nothing to worry about though. I'm positive that in time we will forgive each other." he replied a bit put off. His body was rigid as he stared at the contents on my desk.

"Of course any employee of mine that needs shelter may stay in a room at my mansion as long as my rules are followed." I inform him, a smile darted my way in return, It was brilliant.

I smile back then get back to business. "Stay here for a minute." He nods and I step out of the room. My feet lead me down the hall past the bathrooms and into the storage room. I pick through the waiters outfits and choose the one I think fits him best before returning to my office to see him looking at the pictures on my bookshelf. I clear my throat and hold out the packaged clothing.

Jaden takes the clothes."Thank you."

"The night is practically over so i'll take you on a tour and then show you to your room at my home."

"Don't I need training or something?" He asks while looking around at the waiters up here once we exit my office. I show him the dance floor and explain where the toilets are and the bar.

"Can you walk and talk?" I say back and he looked at me with an indifferent expression . Silently asking if I really just asked that question. "Then you should be fine. Take orders, give them to the bar tender or chef, then deliver the item back to the person when it's done. Just don't insult anyone down stairs and try not to drop any food or beverages."

Jaden nodded along and I turned to open the door. Bruce my head security guard stepped aside and lets us pass. We walked down the stairs and at the bottom I open the red door and turned to see how he would react to all the stuff down here. I wanted to see his button nose scrunch up or his eyes go round in interest, I wanted to gage how he felt about the lower level.