Chapter 12: Backstabber

Kion found Rani in a forest. "Hey Rani," He smiled. Rani turned around and growled. She had tears in her eyes. Kion was confused. "Rani?" "You tried to kill my family!" She growled. "But I thought you forgave me for everything I did?" Kion asked. "The only reason I wanted you as my mate was to keep you close. And now I have you all alone," She slowly approached him. She stopped crying. Kion realized. This is what happened in his dream. He backed away. Rani attacked him. She unsheathend her claws, and was taking off Kion's fur. Kion was roaring in pain. Rani bit into his neck. Kion couldn't breath.Then, Ananda showed up. "Rani!" She shouted. Rani jumped off Kion. Kion coughed as blood dripped down his throat. "Why did you do that?" Ananda asked. "His dad almost killed you, and he raped me!" Rani shouted. "He was cursed Rani," Ananda replied. "So!" Rani growled. Suddenly, they heard a loud thud. They turned their heads to see Kion on the ground. His stomach wasn't rising or falling, meaning he wasn't breathing. "Rani! Look what you did!" Ananda shouted. Rani smirked. Ananda scoffed, and brought Kion to the tree.

Kion was unconscious still. Janna put her paw on Kion's throat, and the roots. Kion woke up. Rani sighed. "Kion, you aren't sharing a den with Rani, for your own safety," Ananda said. "Thank you Queen Ananda," Kion said weakly.

Ananda found a cave close to the tree, so they could check up on Kion. Rani was sent to her cave. "I will find a way to kill Kion. No matter what," Rani smirked.