Chapter 23: Birth

Kion heard a blood curtling scream from Rani. He pinned his ears to the back of his head in worry.

Rani was crying. "Your doing great Rani," Ananda smiled. "Ok, push." Rani screamed. A cub fell into Ananda's arms. A golden lioness. She set her next to Rani's stomach so she could nurse. "Ok Rani, one more, push," Ananda instructed. Rani screamed again at the pain. Another cub fell into Ananda's arms. A male. She set him by Rani's stomach so he could nurse next to his sister.

Kion kept hearing Rani scream, and it worried him. Ananda walked out. "Kion, you can come in," she said with a smile. Kion bolted into the tree.

Kion stepped in. He saw Rani laying there, cleaning two cubs. He slowly walked up to her. Rani smiled at him. "Look at our beautiful cubs Kion," she kissed him. Kion looked down at the cubs nursing. He nuzzled them. "What should we name them?" Kion asked. "For the girl I was thinking Sawa," Rani replied. "How about Raja for the boy," Kion suggested. "I love it," Rani smiled.

(Sawa 1 day old, Sawa means, "Swamp, Same")

(Raja 1 day old, Raja means, "King")

"Your cubs are beautiful," Sahasi smiled. "Thanks dad," Rani nuzzled him. "Rani, Kion, me and your mother are going to retire as king and queen. You two will be the new king and queen," Sahasi said. "What!" Kion asked shocked. Ananda and Sahasi nodded. Kion looked at Rani. She shrugged.

"Your going to be great Kion, just believe in yourself," Ananda nuzzled him. She left with Sahasi. Kion turned to Rani. She had the cubs in her arms, and she was sleeping. Kion layed beside her. He rested his head on her back, and fell asleep.