1| Amaya Shekhawat

"Amu I'm not listening to any of your excuses, mama mami and Shiv are busy but you can come a little earlier no? Can't you do this much for your cousin " Rishika pleaded to her cousin with the sweetest tone she could use.

" Di you're blackmailing me emotionally and what will I do there without mumma papa or Anshu? " Amaya tried making her sister understand.

" Who am I? Why would my sister want to come to me and spend time with me? She'll obviously get bored, anyways it won't be same after my marriage but who cares? Why would she care? " Amaya shook her head in disbelief after witnessing her sister's drama, yes this girl is going to get married wow!

" Your wedding is a month later di! " Amaya stated with a blank face, what will her sister do after marriage? She herself behaves like a child?

'I pity you jiju!' Thought Amaya.

" So? What is the issue? I want you to be present on my engagement which is in a week, Amu I'll talk to Mamu and mami you just agree na please " Rishika knew convincing her mamu and mami was never a task, they will never stop Amaya from going anywhere she wants but convincing this stubborn sister of her was a big task.

Amaya is a kind of person who would prefer sitting at home with a cup of coffee and her favourite book rather than migling with crowds.

She never faced social anxiety, she could make friends easily but she didn't like it, lying on her bed under a blanket, with a coffee and a book of her choice is what she would choose any other day.

And going to a place where all her relatives would be poking her with her personal life questions was the last thing she wanted.

But here her cousin was hell bent on making her face hell.

" Okay, ask mumma papa while I'll be packing " Accepting her defeat Amaya left her bed and walked to her closet.

Rishika squealed in happiness and cut the call saying she has to take permission from her mamu and mami.

***

" Namaste bua ji, namaste phufa ji " Amaya greeted her Phufa ji and bua ji.

Her phufa ji smiled at her while her bua ji hugged her tightly.

" Kaisi ho? " asked her bua ji while smiling at her.

(How are you?)

" Bilkul badhiya, aap aur phufa ji kaise ho? " She smiled, no matter what she loved them a lot after all her bua and phufa ji have pampered her ALOT.

(I'm all well, how about you and uncle)

" Bua ji patthar dil hai tumhari, phufaji ko mithai khane nahi deti aur phufa ji saaf dil hai tumhare " Her uncle stated dramatically earning a glare for her aunt, whereas she laughed at his statement.

(Your aunt is stone-hearted she doesn't let your uncle eat sweets and your uncle is kind hearted)

" Rishika di? " She looked around for her cousin who was no where near her sight.

'She was the one who practically persuaded me to come and here she has herself disappeared'

'Ghor Kaliyug' Thought Amaya dramatically.

" In her room, go meet her, I'll tell someone to put your luggage in the guest room " Amaya smiled at her aunt's care and sprinted off to her cousins room.

She opened her door and was about to scream her name when she heard some noises, precisely her sister talking to someone.

" Hmm, even I can't wait, just a month then we'll be living with eachother " Her tone made Amaya cringe, a person who has never been in a relationship will obviously cringe if he/she hears a couple talk romantically.

Irony of situation is she loves reading romance novels, and the Gushy mushy talks there, but in real life, it was weird for her.

" You look good in anything you wear love......don't tease me God I'm blushing " She heard Rishika say and all she wanted was to leave the room.

After mustering up all her courage, she muttered " Rishika di " To say Rishika was startled would be an understatement, she quickly said a bye and cut the call.

Rishika and Amaya were quiet for a while, Amaya sat on the bed next to Rishika and silence surrounded them until Amaya spoke up.

" You look good in everything you wear....please don't tease me god I'm blushing " Amaya mimicked in a fan girling way followed by her laughter. Rishika couldn't hold back as she began to laugh as well.

" LOVE " Amaya squealed earning a fits of laughter from the other side.

" Di, I never thought you could be this.........romantic, you were always a dramebaaz " Laughed Amaya at her cousin.

(dramatic one)

" Leave those things and come gimme a hug, I missed you Amu " Rishika opened her arms for Amaya.

" I missed you too, Isha di " Amaya hugged her tightly and after a moment whispered.

" But I still prefer lying on my bed with a cup of coffee and a book of mine " Teased Amaya earning a smack on her head by Rishika.

" Owww Woman it's domestic violence, I pity your husband oops sorry "LOVE" " She air quoted in a teasing way and both the sisters fell into fits of laughter.

" Engagement kab hai? " Amaya asked her sister while going through her book shelf.

(When is the engagement?)

She found a novel "Fifty Shades of Grey", smirking she showed it to Rishika with a teasing smile.

" Four days later, engagement humare ghar pe hogi and for marriage, we all will go to Mussoorie, 3 weeks before the marriage " Said Rishika, snatching the book from Amaya and gave her a glare.

" You know it wouldn't have taken me so much of time to reach Mussoorie from Delhi, but your dramatic ass forced me to come to Mumbai " Complained Amaya sarcastically earning a cheeky grin from Rishika.

" You know I wanted you to be with me on my engagement, I love you more than our other cousins " Rishika sent a flying kiss Amaya's way which she seemed to miss deliberately, making a disgusted face.

" Yes, I'm very much aware of that " Amaya just shook her head in disbelief while Rishika laughed at her.