38 - Avel: Wind

Narrators POV

7:46 am - On The Boat

"We have to get out of this storm!" A crew member shouted to the figure captaining the ship. The hooded man from the belly of the boat grumbled as he did his best to fight the wind against the sails. 

"We cant see a thing!" 

"The winds are so Strong!"

"What do we do?!" 

Melody could hear the commotion above and felt herself get restless. She pulled at the ropes again while trying to stand. Her hair fell slightly into her face as she straightened her posture. Feeling the rock of the boat beneath her she stumbled slightly almost dancing with her feet to keep from falling. She took and deep breath and concentrated on the steps opposite of her.  When she made it up on deck she felt the wind whip past her face, her eyes were drawn to the messy grey sky that was no longer dropping snow, but rather this slushy mix leaving the ground slick. 

"LAND!"

"The boat is going to Crash!"

"Brace your selfs!" 

The shouts didn't have time to register in Melody's head before she was thrown from her feet. The boat has made fast contact with a land mass causing it to splinter and crack. Sending the crew about the boat and even some over boat. She felt herself sliding to the now gaping hole in the side of the boat, where water sloshed up. She pushed her feet into the ground trying to bring herself to a stop but it was no use she was sliding too fast on the wet and icy ground. it wasn't long before she felt herself get pulled under the waves. The cold was a shock to her system that drew her attention back to her bound arms. she flailed about pulling at the restraints, but it was to no avail, and her legs were not enough to keep her above water. 

7:46 am -  On the Island

"Anything?" Hiccup questions when the riders regrouped. His eyes flicked from one person to the next, always met with a look of disappointment. The brunette perked his head up when he noticed they were down a man. "wheres Kane?" 

"Im here" He approached on the back of his nadder. Hiccup met his eyes hoping for good news. It took a slow shake of Kane's Head to drain the group of their lingering hope. 

"We need to think about this logically. we are loosing too much time island hopping." Liam announces. 

"Im open to ideas" Hiccup lets his eyes travel through the group once again. 

"Well... While Hunter may not have her... he's the final destination right?" Terra took a pause to lock eyes with her father. "He wont be stationed anywhere near Berk, or The Edge, or The Cove it's too risky"

"you guys know him better than any of us. Where would he take Melody?" Fishlegs tries his best to get the teens thinking.

The three look from each other to their dragons. Terra walks over and places a hand on Windwhip's snout rubbing it as she let out a gentle purr. She wracks her brain trying to imagine Mal and her brother's thought process. 

"They would need a place out of reach. Hard to get to undetected." Kane announces. 

Terra meets eyes with her dragon sensing how calm she was. Then it clicked. She shot her head back to the others. 

"What is it Terra?" Snotlout steps forward ever so slightly. 

"The Floating Island" She said boldly confident. At this Hiccup and the rest of the riders mounted their dragons. Hero took to the sky first toothless close on her tail they lead the way.